ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-24-2020   #51
Alex0413

Default Re: Introduction: New member, new project, first ZR-1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Fascinating saga! I've been following your progress - not jumping in as you were in good hands throughout, and great to bring her back to life!

As I read through, I just have a couple items:
  1. When replacing plenum gaskets, there are a couple tricks I have found that (for me at least) seem to work well:
  2. I lay the new gaskets on a flat surface and spray the top side (ONLY) with silicone spray (ACE Hardware).
  3. Then I use 3M gasket adhesive between the gasket and the Injector housing around the coolant ports; on both the left and right gasket/injector housings. (perhaps an unnecessary left-over from previous gasket experience I suffered before JERRY'S GASKETS came to the rescue!)
  4. Good luck with the "refurbished" injectors. As long as they are immune to the effects of alcohol blended fuels, my main concern is mitigated. But, "take this with a grain of salt", once they're up to operating temperature and then the resistance is measure for stock or Accel replacement is in the 12-14Ω range, but resistance in the 8Ω area (again when HOT) was a sure sign of failure. (I'm not familiar with injectors measuring 40Ω initially - seems way out of the normal range - at least for what [most of us] I believe have experienced.) In any case, the range of resistance for good injectors is typically within a couple ohms or so. Failure, on the other hand, is indicated by a significant reduction from the normal resistance (e.g., if the normal resistance range was [say] 12Ω when hot, but a particular injector reads 10Ω or less, trouble was indicated, and by the time they get down to 8Ω [again when hot] they were done!)
  5. I'm unfamiliar with the "Y" wire harness configuration mentioned, along with the L98 fuel pump(s?) scenario. Far as I know it hasn't been written up for the Heart of the Beast quarterly member's newsletter (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But, if you would like to write it up, or even provide me with the details, I'd be happy to draft an article for your review/submission to the "HOTB" quarterly magazine.

Well, with all that said, Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD OF THE BEAST!

P.
Thanks for the tips Paul!

I didn't come up with the single fuel pump mod, that was in HOTB, and written by Haibeck. Converting to an L98 fuel sender with a single 255lph pump works flawlessly!
Alex0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020   #52
ZR2

Great job. I am in the midst of a plenum pull with new injectors, coils and wires etc. Had a bad coils, so why not. It has been awhile since I pulled a ZR1 plenum, but it has come back to me.....slowly. Now time to put back together.....hopefully no extra bolts!!!!
ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020   #53
Alex0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2 View Post
Great job. I am in the midst of a plenum pull with new injectors, coils and wires etc. Had a bad coils, so why not. It has been awhile since I pulled a ZR1 plenum, but it has come back to me.....slowly. Now time to put back together.....hopefully no extra bolts!!!!
It's a straight forward job, you got this!!!

I've been enjoying this car, so much fun to drive!
Alex0413 is offline   Reply With Quote