ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-31-2020   #21
Curtis

Default Re: Vaccum solenoid switch

After ordering a new one last fall and it didn’t work and wouldn’t seal or hold vacuum I went into the shop and started digging..... I ended up using a factory boost solenoid from a 300zx twin turbo car..... held 25 inches of vacuum for almost an hours so is more than adequate..... gv126-14 ..... also used on many other factory Nissan turbo cars during the 90’s ..... only problem is that it doesn’t have a bleed or filter over it so I put a vacuum t just below the map sensor under the ecu and actually used the bleed from the new one I had just bought new ..... took it apart took out the piston tube with the bleed and forced it into a short piece of silicone vacuum tube and went for my first beast mode pass since it wasn’t working when I bought the car..... without the bleed car felt like fuel cut in a Mitsubishi turbo car..... I know not a ac delco part not as designed or an ncrs part but works better than factory and in 4th gear under full throttle does it really matter 😎...... I’m sure a Mac valve that everyone uses for boost controllers would work as well..... hope this helps
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #22
Corvette95

Default Re: Vaccum solenoid switch

I had a new version GM solenoid on my shelf I was going to install on my 90, after reading this thread, I did a vacuum test, it failed new out of the box. It has the cardboard looking gasket behind the filter.... Jerry, do you have a new GOOD old version of the solenoid for a 90? The stock one still holds vacuum, I could re-install it if needed. THX
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote