ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-22-2008   #21
GrayZ

Default Re: Wanted: Input for New Corvette Garage/Shop

Jerry,

nice garage, i like the idea, destroyer had of a drain in the garage, for winter washing. i'm sure you're finsished
project will be just as classy as the owner...
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #22
Jeffvette

Jerry, I would add one more section to the garage. If you plan on cleaning, media blasting or grinding at all, it's best to have a seperate enclosed room to help contain all the debris that scatters and keep everything else clean.

I would also second a floor drain for winter or inlimate weather cleaning. We had one when we lived in Anchcorage and it made things so much easier. Especially whe nthe snow was melting.

As far as the floor, nothing is impervious. It just matters how long it lasts before it cracks/peels/chips/fades.
Old 01-23-2008   #23
RedSled

A garage is in my long range plan. Just wish I could put one in this large and nice. Very jealous. Giving me good ideas though. Thanks!
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #24
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default A couple thoughts...

My "dream garage" would have either black and white checked (2' sq) tile pattern, OR, have a local spray-on bed liner outfit spray the floor. (I have an 'in-law' that has a bed liner biz and he does quite a few spray-on floors. He does any color you want, or even can do patterns, logos, etc, all done in the material. Looks beautiful!!

Other than that, I like the deep sink idea. Course being that it is -4º outside as I type this, LOTs of insulation would be a consideration here in Chicagoland! (Central heating and air (aka climate control) would be a must!)

LOTz of lighting!!! One thing that makes me nutz is a dimly lit workshop.

Oh...Make it a little bigger. (I might wanna bring our two Vettes over to visit; a '69 vert L46/M4 pearl white, and my flame red '90 Z.)

I'm jealous!

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote