Let's wait and see 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008   #61
HADI-ZR1

Default Re: 09 ZR1 as part of ZR-1 Net

Pete ,
I GIVE YOU

for what you post !!

Last edited by HADI-ZR1; 01-09-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2008   #62
ZR WON

Pete:

I can laugh at that, as you were smiling when you typed it... You aren't the first who said I should get into politics, and probably not the last... Re: a Corvette Forum going under being the greatest travesty, that was of course embellished to make a point. FWIW, I'm not talking about a new ZR1 section on this forum. I'm talking about including the new ZR1 in all that encompasses being a member of the ZR1Net Registry. You make good points in your argument, but they are not objective, they are based on your feelings(GM screwed us by stopping making parts, etc). Objectively, it makes sense, but then again, if I'm being compared to Hillary, then perhaps I'm also delusional....

Brian A
ZR WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #63
HADI-ZR1

Personly , Iam not going to vote for Hilla
not because she isnt good , but because i am Republican candidate in Kuwait county!

Last edited by HADI-ZR1; 01-09-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2008   #64
tomtom72

Okay I'm a noobie....Z owner since 12/04 and for sure don't know anything that the real senior members from the original LT5/ZR-1 Registry are talking about with respect to it's demise....so I'll tend to agree with the thought that the real senior members have voting rights on this. Me I just joined the NetRegistry in 12/04, so I am a noob.

I'll stand corrected in my "yes" vote. After reading this entire thread it seems that we are gonna let them join our Registry??? I thought we were just talking about letting those guys participate here in our forum, and hang with us at our events like BG/gathering and at our tent at Carlisle???

I can't change my "yes" vote but we really don't have anything in common except that we own vettes that have kind of the same name. Our NetRegistry is to help us owners keep our LT5 ZR-1's alive. The C6/ZR1 will never have the same parts issues we will have.....it's a sb chevy.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #65
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR WON
The bottom line is: If we aren't accepting of change, we will suffer. This holds true in personal relationships, business, really any part of our lives. If you aren't changing, you are dying! That's a fact!
I agree absolutely with this. The registry needs to change with the members' needs.

What you are saying is they should change by changing who their members are, though. In your relationship analogy, that's like me saying I need to change wives, when really what I need to do is change to continue to accomodate my wife.

I don't think it's my love affair with the car clouding my vision, though. I think the registry exists to provide a service to LT5 owners. When the last LT5 is crushed and tossed in a landfill, the continual survival and financial success of the registry isn't a concern anymore. If the registry dies with the car, I don't see why that is a bad thing.

If the goal were simply the survival of the organization, then let's really look at it objectively. Find a group with the highest likelihood of long-term financial success and invite them. Maybe go for cars that are ubiquitous to get the broadest pool of owners, like the ZR-1 / Civic Net Registry. Or go for the group with owners that are the most likely to spend lots of money on an exclusive club, the ZR-1 / Prancing Horse Net Registry or the ZR-1 / Hybrid Car Owners Net Registry.

Like you said though, maybe we will just agree to disagree. I think this is something reasonable people can disagree on. I'll be a member here either way, as long as the registry fills a need I have.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 01-09-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #66
Sihler

I agree, without forums for the '90-'95 Z's, what would we have? The new Z's will have plenty of support from GM and from other C6 owners.
Sihler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #67
petefias

The argument "GM screwed us" so we should exclude the new ZR1 does not make sense to me.

GM makes business decisions continuously. They are made mostly with a single focus: bottom line. While I'm not too happy about some of the parts availability (and failure to accept responsibility for the substandard windshield) GM isn't trying to find creative ways to annoy the ZR-1 owners in purpose.

GM's priority is to ever improve on their products to remain competitive. They did a marvelous job with the ZR-1 and again with the ZR1. To say that the two don't have anything in common is incorrect. If you think about it you'll find many things in common in fact. GM is targeting the SAME segment of buyers, no doubt.

How cool will be to park a ZR1 next to your ZR-1!

"Im feeling a little verclempt, ill give you a topic, grapenuts, not a grape, not a nut, discuss...."
petefias is offline   Reply With Quote