ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 09-07-2018   #21
zr1assassin

Default Re: 1992 zr1 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
The silver lining to your "cloud" is by waiting less than 4 months, if you still want one, they are available for well below 30 over at a few places.
Certainly not advocating selling the ZR-1 though!
Marty
What another large factor in the decision to not get one was that I have already had a C7 ZO6, so the similarity discouraged me from buying another one. I think I'm just going to play with my C4 Z for a while and dump little money into it..... cough 391ci cough cough 😉
zr1assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018   #22
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
What another large factor in the decision to not get one was that I have already had a C7 ZO6, so the similarity discouraged me from buying another one. I think I'm just going to play with my C4 Z for a while and dump little money into it..... cough 391ci cough cough 😉
That 391 upgrade is not going to be a " little" money.....You can probably throw half that money into your Z06 and get more performance out of it than a 391.......All though you had a C7Z,your modifications to the C6Z would be close to what you sold..

Hmm.......
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018   #23
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
That 391 upgrade is not going to be a " little" money.....You can probably throw half that money into your Z06 and get more performance out of it than a 391.......All though you had a C7Z,your modifications to the C6Z would be close to what you sold..

Hmm.......
My 16'z was 700whp/710wtq, I'm not looking for something that crazy with my c4z. That 391pkg is about $15k and puts it around 600hp which I believe is the perfect # for that platform. I can throw money into any car and make it fast....but they're not a c4ZR1😉
Old 09-08-2018   #24
lfalzarano

Agree

Lou
Old 09-08-2018   #25
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
My 16'z was 700whp/710wtq, I'm not looking for something that crazy with my c4z. That 391pkg is about $15k and puts it around 600hp which I believe is the perfect # for that platform. I can throw money into any car and make it fast....but they're not a c4ZR1😉

Well said.
Very true.
Agree fully.
Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018   #26
Vette73

I saw that Z06 on your blog..Gorgeous car...I'm guessing you got a nice price on it to let it go so soon......Sellers are taking upwards of 30K depreciation on these...Wondering what will happen to values of C7 Z06 and C6 ZR-1 when the C-8 is introduced..

Modding the LT-5 as opposed to the LS motors are night and day considering price, from what I'm gathering ..I remember reading it was like 21 thousand dollars to get a high HP build on the LT-5 from Vette doctors out in long island....I'm like, I didn't even pay that for my car....

It seems the C4Z never got a bunch of aftermarket modification parts as the LS series did..
Old 09-08-2018   #27
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I saw that Z06 on your blog..Gorgeous car...I'm guessing you got a nice price on it to let it go so soon......Sellers are taking upwards of 30K depreciation on these...Wondering what will happen to values of C7 Z06 and C6 ZR-1 when the C-8 is introduced..

Modding the LT-5 as opposed to the LS motors are night and day considering price, from what I'm gathering ..I remember reading it was like 21 thousand dollars to get a high HP build on the LT-5 from Vette doctors out in long island....I'm like, I didn't even pay that for my car....

It seems the C4Z never got a bunch of aftermarket modification parts as the LS series did..
Thanks. My 16' was a monster of a car! I think every car guy should have the opportunity to own something that nuts at least once in their life. And yes I seen the depreciation cliff coming lol was one of the reasons to sell. I was fortunate enough to get a very generous offer on it so I let it go, don't regret it for a minute.
Your completely correct that it is much more expensive to modifying lt5 then say an LS1 but but but but....its not about "at least for me" the cheapest possible modification build, if it was I would buy a Dodge Neon and put a twin turbo kit on it.
Ya know I've owned a lot of sports cars over the years and I have learned it really comes down to whatever your heart desires, whatever car you fall in love with. It's not about impressing others or having the fastest car on the street, it's really not and that is hard for a lot of people to get, took me years lol. It's about whichever one gives you the feeling. It's about which car you fall in love with and for me the C4 ZR1 is one of those cars. I'm probably going to end up spending what I paid for the car over again in modifications but it is going to be one bad bitch ....and that makes me happy.
Now that does not mean that I am done buying cars lol there are still a few boxes I need to check off before I leave this mud ball. I want another older viper.... I want a 360...I'd like to get a dd c5z....many cars.

Last edited by zr1assassin; 09-08-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2018   #28
Vette73

Quote:
Thanks. My 16' was a monster of a car! I think every car guy should have the opportunity to own something that nuts at least once in their life. And yes I seen the depreciation cliff coming lol was one of the reasons to sell. I was fortunate enough to get a very generous offer on it so I let it go, don't regret it for a minute.
Your completely correct that it is much more expensive to modifying lt5 then say an LS1 but but but but....its not about "at least for me" the cheapest possible modification build, if it was I would buy a Dodge Neon and put a twin turbo kit on it.
Ya know I've owned a lot of sports cars over the years and I have learned it really comes down to whatever your heart desires, whatever car you fall in love with. It's not about impressing others or having the fastest car on the street, it's really not and that is hard for a lot of people to get, took me years lol. It's about whichever one gives you the feeling. It's about which car you fall in love with and for me the C4 ZR1 is one of those cars. I'm probably going to end up spending what I paid for the car over again in modifications but it is going to be one bad bitch ....and that makes me happy.
Now that does not mean that I am done buying cars lol there are still a few boxes I need to check off before I leave this mud ball. I want another older viper.... I want a 360...I'd like to get a dd c5z....many cars.
Well said......Many people to me seem to be into HP numbers and dyno readings, I guess its the age we live in....There's many factors that go into performance when it comes to sports cars, not just the overall power numbers....Weight, aerodynamics,suspension all play a part in the driving experience and each driver has there preference...

I have owned a 73 Vette convertible for 16 years now and each time I think of selling I'm like, nah, its a rare sight and its got some mods to it that keeps it interesting..

So, your right when you say its not about the fastest thing out there, its about what you like for the time being...

When I was at carlisle a few weeks ago I went to view the parade....Have to tell ya, I dubbed it the C7 Z06 parade .....Not many old ones at all and I think maybe one C4Z maybe....
Old 09-21-2018   #29
ZWILD1

When I was looking for another ZR1 I kept going back to yours while it was on Ebay. It was the color combo and how nice it was. Man what a pretty car. Selling that would be like loosing an arm. Ok more like loosing a good friend.
91 Turquoise Metallic Haibeck 525 #0134
ZWILD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018   #30
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWILD1 View Post
When I was looking for another ZR1 I kept going back to yours while it was on Ebay. It was the color combo and how nice it was. Man what a pretty car. Selling that would be like loosing an arm. Ok more like loosing a good friend.
Thanks, I'm very glad I kept it.