ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-14-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default 1990 ZR1 dyno'd today - question

The dyno shop ran the first 2 runs on 3rd gear and the last run on 4th. The results were about 10 rwhp and 10 ft./lbs. torque between 3rd and 4th gears with 4th gear being stronger. Is it supposed to matter what gear? If so what is the ideal gear for a dyno run in a 1990 ZR1? Also, they ran my C5 on 2nd gear on all 3 runs and I wasnt impressed by the results; the car feels stronger than the results. THANX, Ray.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003   #2
Anonymous

Tell us what the results were. I have always heard you need to run the pulls in 4th gear as that is a 1 to 1 ratio. I pulled 324rwhp stock.
Old 12-14-2003   #3
Anonymous

I pulled a 321 rwhp and 320 torque with ambient temp. at 70 degrees F and the engine temp. over the halfway mark - this was the third run with the motor running hot. The other thing is, these guys dont dyno vettes and they didnt have anything pushing air into the intake box - I'm new at this so I didnt realize that 'til after. Nice numbers on your 92 - I guess I'm pretty close to what it should be - so 4th gear it is. I will inform these guys. THANX WEGONE, Ray.
Old 12-14-2003   #4
Anonymous

Ray,Welcome to the ZR-1 world and Congrats on the Z. I just put a Flowmaster catback on mine in Nov. and have not had an opportunity to get a new Dyno run to see the gains. If you ever get in the Atlanta area, let me know. Check out the LT5 Registry they put out a great magazine. Steve
Old 12-14-2003   #5
Anonymous

Steve,Speaking of exhaust I have been going back and forth on that. Are you happy with your exhaust upgrade? I would like something that has more of a presence as I find the stock exhaust way too sound conservative for a ZR1. I like aggressive exhaust notes from idle to redline. I have a C5 with Borla XR-1's (yes, I am that insane) which is a bit much for most folks but I like it (wife hates riding it - HEADACHE!). I'd love to hear feedback on your FlowM's and more importantly, the dyno #'s. I'll let you know if ever I find myself in Atlanta. Let me know if ever you come to the SF bay area.All the best,Ray
Old 12-14-2003   #6
Anonymous

Ray,I am very happy with the Flowmaster’s, great sound at idle and through 4 K rpms and no resonance at cruse. At WOT you still hear more intake draw than exhaust. From what I have read I should expect somewhere from an 8 to 15 RWHP gain. I think the best gains are with B&B.Steve