ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-22-2018   #51
VisionOP8

Default Re: Hey Everyone I'm New! FINALLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
If the injectors are the originals, you're almost certainly going to have to replace them.
Thank goodness the previous owners kept a binder full of complete service records. According to the records, on June 2013 a new seal set for injectors and new injectors were installed with complete vacuum lines, new coil packs and LT5 plug wires from fuelinjectorconnection.com. Thanks for mentioning that though because it made me dig through the records to see if they were placed. They have indeed been replaced. I called Corvette of Tampa to elaborate on what they think is going on and they said that if you let a c3 or c4 vette sit, it develops condensation in the tank for the fuel and you end up with a lot of water in the tank and they are trying to run that through the system. We'll see what happens. They are having me add this fuel additive called Sentry which is made for marine engines. I'll let you guys know if this ever improves. You guys are a HUGE help and very informative. Thank you!
VisionOP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018   #52
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: Hey Everyone I'm New! FINALLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOP8 View Post
Thank goodness the previous owners kept a binder full of complete service records. According to the records, on June 2013 a new seal set for injectors and new injectors were installed with complete vacuum lines, new coil packs and LT5 plug wires from fuelinjectorconnection.com. Thanks for mentioning that though because it made me dig through the records to see if they were placed. They have indeed been replaced. I called Corvette of Tampa to elaborate on what they think is going on and they said that if you let a c3 or c4 vette sit, it develops condensation in the tank for the fuel and you end up with a lot of water in the tank and they are trying to run that through the system. We'll see what happens. They are having me add this fuel additive called Sentry which is made for marine engines. I'll let you guys know if this ever improves. You guys are a HUGE help and very informative. Thank you!
Yeah that's good news on the injectors. If their theory on condensation is accurate, the bigger concern would be rust in the tank, sending unit, pumps, etc. There are experts on here that will chime in to help with that. Good luck.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018   #53
S.hafsmo

Default Re: Hey Everyone I'm New!

I'd prefer to remove the pump/sender unit and pump out any water at the bottom, rather than using any isopropanol. You don't want all that water/gunk going through your system.

It also gives a good opportunity to check the above mentioned pumps/strainers/rust.
Old 02-22-2018   #54
VisionOP8

Good call guys. That will be next on my list. You guys rock.
Old 02-22-2018   #55
VisionOP8

I think this car belonged to a current or former member of this group. It's got ZR-1.net stickers on the rear window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20180222_14_22_32_Pro.jpg (68.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-22-2018   #56
VisionOP8

Someone might recognize it haha!!
Old 02-22-2018   #57
Ccmano

Don’t be surprised if you find a mess in the tank. I’ve seen very low mile Z’s with completely rusted pumps and hardware. It’s not a factor of mileage as much as time and whether the tank was kept filled or empty. Once empty or even just low, condensation is your foe.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.

Last edited by Ccmano; 02-22-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018   #58
VisionOP8

I'll keep that in mind man. Thank you. This is going to be quite the adventure thats for sure. I'm ready for it, I love the damn thing.
Old 02-23-2018   #59
Tripler

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the beautiful Z ...
Best of luck with the water issues . Lot's of guys here to help you along ...

Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote