ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-01-2018   #21
A26B

Default Re: Rick Kirk Prayer Request

Rick Kirk, owner of R.K. Machine, passed away peacefully Sunday evening, 28Jan18. The infection was simply too great and his ability to recover, even with modern medicine, just wasn't enough.

For those fortunate to know him, he leaves us with indelible memories of a unique friend and automotive enthusiast. Ford Blue blood ran through his body but he was extremely proud of his involvement during development of the ZR-1 Corvette LT5 engine.

God's speed Rick.....
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018   #22
Meanmyz

My deepest sympathy to Rick's family.

I met Rick at the 2010 Gathering and Jerry, with your organizing of the 2011 LT5 reunion, I got to know him better.

I rode with him in his truck, from his country shop into Ripley when we all went to see some of his museum collection. How awesome it was hanging out with members of the LT5 Gang, Roy Midgely, Chris Allen, Brian White, Graham Behan, and fellow ZR-1 enthusiasts. These are memories that will last a lifetime.

As we stood in our little group, Rick got a call, presumably from his wife, and I chuckled as he said it was a call from "the war department".

I also remember when we were all looking over memorabilia upstairs in Rick's machine shop. As Rick was entertaining us, we got to some old framed pictures of him, on the wall, in his younger years, and he was pictured with Linda Vaughn, "Miss Hurst Golden Shifter". In these old drag racing pictures from the 60's and 70's, Rick was pretty slim. I didn't even catch that it was him in the pictures at first. Then, as he commented on them, he matter of factly commented that she (Miss Vaughn) "hasn't held up as good as he has over the years"! We all busted out laughing as he joked in a little self deprecating humor! "It", was a result of all that "Oklahoma barbecuing" over the years!

Jerry, I apologize for not filling out and returning your little "memory" sheet that you had made up for us for the event. We get back to our daily lives and the "rat race" of work and daily responsibilities. I have lots of good intentions of things that just don't get done. However, in a little "timeout" from "life", these here, are just but a few of the great memories that I made that weekend.

Thank you Jerry. And thank you Rick!

Godspeed, Rick Kirk!

Last edited by Meanmyz; 02-01-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018   #23
A26B

Thanks for sharing your memories! Classic Rick :-)
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018   #24
hiperf406

RIP Rick & God bless you & your family.

When the flag drops the bull sh1t stops!
hiperf406 is offline   Reply With Quote