ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-15-2018   #1
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default 1995 ZR-1 Torch Red with Light Beige Only 182 Miles!!!

1995 ZR-1 Coupe, Torch Red with Light Beige Interior - ONLY 182 Miles!!! Yes, 182 Miles! ALL ORIGINAL!!! There were only 448 ZR-1's made in this, the final year of production. Near flawless Red Exterior with equally flawless Light Beige Leather Interior. 5.7 liter LT-5 DOHC 32 Valve 405 HP Engine with 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Equipped with ASR Traction Control, Anti-Lock Power Brakes, Power Steering, Driver and Passenger Air Bags, Passive Keyless Entry System, Pass-Key II Anti Theft System, Dual Electric Heated OSRV Mirrors, Cruise Control, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, and Rear Window Defogger. The ZR-1 Special Performance Package includes the LT-5 Engine, 275 40 ZR-17 Front and 315 35 ZR-17 Rear Good Year GSC Tires, Styled Aluminum Wheels, Electronic Air Conditioning, Selective Ride and Handling Package, Leather Adjustable Sport Seats, 6 Way Power Driver and Passenger Seats, Low Tire Pressure Warning System, Delco Bose AM/FM Stereo with Cassette and CD Player, Dual Roof Package consisting of Bronze Tinted Removable Roof Panel and Torch Red Fiberglass Panel that still has the factory white covering on it!!!. If you failed to buy a new one back in the 90's, you now have another opportunity! Many often spend countless hours and many dollars preparing a car for either Bloomington Gold or NCRS Flight Judging. This car, being about as new as you may find, is certainly ready for either event the day you bring it home! We have carefully removed, flushed, and replaced the fluids and filters, retaining the original Oil filter in a box for judging purposes. The fuel injectors have all been replaced to ensure optimum performance, and all else has been inspected and found to be as expected for a car with this mileage. A New Delco Battery has been installed. The ORIGINAL Delco Freedom Battery will be included for judging purposes. This car had seat and floor coverings since new, leaving the original carpet, mats, and seats absolutely as new! Number 043, like nearly all ZR-1's has Moderate Windshield De-lamination present, both the streaking variety, and the opaque variety as well. This ZR-1 also has an added option of California / Massachusetts Emission. You are free to pretend that it is 1995 all over again, and you are picking up your "new" ZR-1! AutoCheck Report Available. This magnificent ZR-1 is being offered at its original list price of $69,653!!
$ 69,653.00

http://www.contes.com/en/for-sale/car/view/1/555

Someone please buy this beauty before I cave in, stop drooling, and take it home myself, which surely would generate some wonderful exchanges with my lovely wife.

Marty

Marty Pinder
Managing Partner - Owner
CONTE'S CORVETTES INC. ( a proud sponsor of the ZR-1 Net Registry )
Where Corvettes are our passion,
not just our business.
856-692-0087

www.contes.com
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018   #2
Vette73

Default Re: 1995 ZR-1 Torch Red with Light Beige Only 182 Miles!!!

What's California/ Massachusetts emissions? I'm guessing something that will make it even more restrictive in stock form...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
1995 ZR-1 Coupe, Torch Red with Light Beige Interior - ONLY 182 Miles!!! Yes, 182 Miles! ALL ORIGINAL!!! There were only 448 ZR-1's made in this, the final year of production. Near flawless Red Exterior with equally flawless Light Beige Leather Interior. 5.7 liter LT-5 DOHC 32 Valve 405 HP Engine with 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Equipped with ASR Traction Control, Anti-Lock Power Brakes, Power Steering, Driver and Passenger Air Bags, Passive Keyless Entry System, Pass-Key II Anti Theft System, Dual Electric Heated OSRV Mirrors, Cruise Control, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, and Rear Window Defogger. The ZR-1 Special Performance Package includes the LT-5 Engine, 275 40 ZR-17 Front and 315 35 ZR-17 Rear Good Year GSC Tires, Styled Aluminum Wheels, Electronic Air Conditioning, Selective Ride and Handling Package, Leather Adjustable Sport Seats, 6 Way Power Driver and Passenger Seats, Low Tire Pressure Warning System, Delco Bose AM/FM Stereo with Cassette and CD Player, Dual Roof Package consisting of Bronze Tinted Removable Roof Panel and Torch Red Fiberglass Panel that still has the factory white covering on it!!!. If you failed to buy a new one back in the 90's, you now have another opportunity! Many often spend countless hours and many dollars preparing a car for either Bloomington Gold or NCRS Flight Judging. This car, being about as new as you may find, is certainly ready for either event the day you bring it home! We have carefully removed, flushed, and replaced the fluids and filters, retaining the original Oil filter in a box for judging purposes. The fuel injectors have all been replaced to ensure optimum performance, and all else has been inspected and found to be as expected for a car with this mileage. A New Delco Battery has been installed. The ORIGINAL Delco Freedom Battery will be included for judging purposes. This car had seat and floor coverings since new, leaving the original carpet, mats, and seats absolutely as new! Number 043, like nearly all ZR-1's has Moderate Windshield De-lamination present, both the streaking variety, and the opaque variety as well. This ZR-1 also has an added option of California / Massachusetts Emission. You are free to pretend that it is 1995 all over again, and you are picking up your "new" ZR-1! AutoCheck Report Available. This magnificent ZR-1 is being offered at its original list price of $69,653!!
$ 69,653.00

http://www.contes.com/en/for-sale/car/view/1/555

Someone please buy this beauty before I cave in, stop drooling, and take it home myself, which surely would generate some wonderful exchanges with my lovely wife.

Marty

Marty Pinder
Managing Partner - Owner
CONTE'S CORVETTES INC. ( a proud sponsor of the ZR-1 Net Registry )
Where Corvettes are our passion,
not just our business.
856-692-0087

www.contes.com

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018   #3
DRM500RUBYZR-1

I recall that it may not have been an actual equipment difference, but rather a certification statement that it met the CA/ MA standards.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018   #4
TX '90 ZR1

I concur with Marty on this.
I was in the auto business in SoCal during this time. Actually was when I had a new one ('90 ZR-1).
The charge on the invoice was for testing to CA/MA standards. Your underhood decal also stated CA or MA.
The federal (other states) simply said federal standards.
If you brought a "Federal" car into CA you had the pleasure of paying the state of CA a $300.00 "smog fee". Also, could not bring in a brand new one. Had to have some miles. 7500 miles if I recall correctly.
The "smog fee" was later declared against state law and the state had to re-imburse buyers if they could prove they had paid it.
Oh, the days of trying to work with the California DMV. Freaking, non-ending nightmare !!
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018   #5
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX '90 ZR1 View Post
I concur with Marty on this.
I was in the auto business in SoCal during this time. Actually was when I had a new one ('90 ZR-1).
The charge on the invoice was for testing to CA/MA standards. Your underhood decal also stated CA or MA.
The federal (other states) simply said federal standards.
If you brought a "Federal" car into CA you had the pleasure of paying the state of CA a $300.00 "smog fee". Also, could not bring in a brand new one. Had to have some miles. 7500 miles if I recall correctly.
The "smog fee" was later declared against state law and the state had to re-imburse buyers if they could prove they had paid it.
Oh, the days of trying to work with the California DMV. Freaking, non-ending nightmare !!
So, for the people of California who had high horsepower cars with super loud exhausts that smelled like a fuel truck spill when there 600-700 HP cars passed,they never got inspected?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018   #6
TX '90 ZR1

Vette73;
You had to have a current CA smog certificate to get your car registered each year. The cert. had a time limit. I am thinking it was 90 days. Maybe 180. Just don't remember for sure.
My experience was there were A LOT of cars registered in Nevada. If you had a piece of paper they would take your money.
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote