ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 10-22-2015   #31
Dynomite

Default Re: Likely Heater Core Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
It would seem "odd" that the Gates product weren't correct because the part fits all '90+ C4 Corvettes BUT stranger things of course could happen. The Continental could be more easily found OR NAPA. It was quite early when I saw your post but I'd say a NAPA 11743 is correct. NAPA image doesn't seem to display the larger ID BUT in the NAPA spec for the product they mention the diameter IDs by dimension.

.72 for smaller ID and .92 for the larger ID on the short leg.
Yep.....just found this...and exactly as you say....picture does not show it (hard to see if it does show it) but dimensions are exactly as you say

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...ktemplate=true

GATES 19743 {#11743, SID9743} Molded Heater Hose; 23/32" x 29/32" x 13"
Category: Heater Hose / Pipe

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-22-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Dynomite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015   #32
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Yep.....just found this...and exactly as you say....picture does not show it (hard to see if it does show it) but dimensions are exactly as you say

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...ktemplate=true

GATES 19743 {#11743, SID9743} Molded Heater Hose; 23/32" x 29/32" x 13"
Category: Heater Hose / Pipe

I'm what I guess you could call a "RockAuto HATER" - I don't even use them for research. RA - NEVER!!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015   #33
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
This might be a harder find but does display the larger diameter on the short leg, Continental Elite 64304. Amazon even shows a single of this available. Actually all Goodyear product could be possibly rebranded as Continental Elite including even the "Gatorback" belt product line.

The Heater Core Hose "J" Continental Elite 64304 displayed on Amazon fits perfectly and does have the larger end on the short end of the "J". perfect fit.

In the mean time I found that the Heater Core Top Clip can be easily removed and re-installed after the New Heater Core is in Place. Remove the CDM before Removing or Installing the New Heater Core and Top Clip. The Installation is a lot simpler with the CDM removed.

Without that Top Clip removed it might be almost impossible to re-install the Heater Core Tubes through the Fire Wall.

Heater Core Top Clip.
The Top Clip has a single 7mm head screw that can be removed once the Heater Core is removed. That screw and clip can be replaced once the New Heater Core is positioned reaching up under the hush panel with 1/4 inch socket wrench, 2 inch extension and 7mm socket. To replace the Heater Core without removing the Dash requires removal of the CDM.

The Details are described in Item #2A Replacing the Heater Core and Heater Hose Connection
Dynomite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #34
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: Removing Heater Core Without Pulling the Dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Well I have to say Cliff that the General did not plan on the Amercian Farmer approach to out engineering a solution. Maybe your new forum handle should be "Scotty" he can damn near fix anything. Most folks dont know that an old tractor can be fixed with a screwdriver a pair of pliers and bailing wire.

Pretty slick and well done. Still a hell of a lot of work. Please tell me you HAD to replace your heater core on one of your rides and this was not simply done for two reasons.

1. You were bored after making a prototye tool and mowing down a bunch of soybeans and said, Sleep who needs sleep?

2. You simply love a challenge.

Daryll, How far into this instruction do you have to go to get to the air mix door, motor and actuator. It appears my mix door is stuck and I can't get any heat out of the heater. Still too nice weather to pull the car apart.

Thanks, John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017   #35
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Removing Heater Core Without Pulling the Dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1 View Post
Daryll, How far into this instruction do you have to go to get to the air mix door, motor and actuator. It appears my mix door is stuck and I can't get any heat out of the heater. Still too nice weather to pull the car apart.

Thanks, John

Actually Cliff did the instruction I pulled the top of the Dash. I believe you can see the top of the blend door by simply pulling the glove box and shining a flashlight on the top of the air box.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote