ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-10-2017   #11
secondchance

Default Re: Front quarter panel molding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Charlie,
Sorry about the bad luck. I went through the same quarter molding scavenger hunt a while back and came up with zilch. In my case I needed the drivers side which got caught on my trousers belt while existing the car. Thanks to Dave Johnson I now have a good doner from the passenger side to pull a mold from which I have been meaning to do anyway. Give me a few days and I'll have one ready for you.
Phil,

When you make the piece hand it over to me at C&C. I will chase down a can of correct spray paint and have it finished for the next WAZOO. I will switch it out with the damaged one. Then, I can repair the damaged one, refinish and send back to Charlie.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017   #12
Z51JEFF

The Z part is maybe 1/2 shorter than the non Z part but worst case scenario one can be sectioned and made to work. I'd be curious to know if one can be 3D printed.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017   #13
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Charlie,
Sorry about the bad luck. I went through the same quarter molding scavenger hunt a while back and came up with zilch. In my case I needed the drivers side which got caught on my trousers belt while existing the car. Thanks to Dave Johnson I now have a good doner from the passenger side to pull a mold from which I have been meaning to do anyway. Give me a few days and I'll have one ready for you.

I thought I was the only one that could possibly do that, Yun; I did exactly the same thing on the passenger side. I bought the regular C4 set and custom fit it, but the glue I used to put the tail piece on did not hold up, and I lost it somewhere during the Gathering this year. If someone is making replacements, I'd gladly buy a set at Carlisle next month.

Bob
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017   #14
DallasZR-1

I had this same problem about a year ago. I had 0 luck trying to find that piece. What I ended up doing was attaching a normal C4 moulding piece with just one of the two bolts. The holes are spaced differently on the C4 and the ZR1 specific pieces. It's held just fine and I don't think the difference is noticeable.

I posted a picture of the result in the thread.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26895
DallasZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote