ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-11-2016   #11
msuhanek

Default Re: Plenum Coolant Hose Question

Thanks Second - if small vacuum leak try looking at/replacing and tighting all the rubber hoses? Any more help greatly appreciated. Thanks
msuhanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016   #12
secondchance

Default Re: Plenum Coolant Hose Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhanek View Post
Thanks Second - if small vacuum leak try looking at/replacing and tighting all the rubber hoses? Any more help greatly appreciated. Thanks
Next time you are servicing under the plenum I would start with a hand held vacuum pump. Attach to vacuum line starting close to vacuum pump and see if vacuum holds. Do the same on the driver side by the reservoir and vacuum servo for the cruise. Also, at vacuum port on the sides of the plenum - trial and error and isolate process.
Likely suspect is connections between rubber fittings and hard plastic lines under the plenum typically referred to as vacuum spider. It's most likely small amount of leak at multiple rubber/hard plastic joints. I would slide hard plastic line slightly off rubber fitting, dab of crazy glue, and slide it back in. Some use plastic zip tie as additional insurance. I use epoxy around the hard plastic line to rubber fitting joints as insurance.
New spider may solve the problem but after a few years, eventually rubber fitting will loose elasticity and end up with the same issue.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote