ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-22-2016   #1
Vette73

Default 1990 red/tan at Carlisle auction today

Down in Carlisle PA for a few days...Huge spring car show and swap meet..
Saw a 90 red/tan 23,000 miles cross the block at no reserve..

Very nice condition...Hammer price was 16,750....Nothing is really bringing the money right now, especially good driver quality cars....I mean a black on black C4 94 convertible in really nice shape bought in only a high bid of 5,500 dollars..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016   #2
PostmanZ

Default Re: 1990 red/tan at Carlisle auction today

Give it time....there's no rush on these things. The moment morons with more $ than brains get involved, things head south in a hurry. Enjoy these cars and the purists we have in this group of owners while it's still a passion. The moment things are viewed as assets and investments, the fun is GONE. Look what happened when every dip$hit speculator and his brother just HAD TO HAVE an air cooled Porsche 911.....now that car niche has mostly been ruined by owners looking at them as investments to add to the collection of dust covered cars while many of the true passionate 911 guys have been completely priced out of them. You simply can not get into ANY Porsche 911 turbo right now without dropping over $100,000.....absurd.
Old 04-23-2016   #3
Bob Eyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Down in Carlisle PA for a few days...Huge spring car show and swap meet..
Saw a 90 red/tan 23,000 miles cross the block at no reserve..

Very nice condition...Hammer price was 16,750....Nothing is really bringing the money right now, especially good driver quality cars....I mean a black on black C4 94 convertible in really nice shape bought in only a high bid of 5,500 dollars..
Well, think about it this way, an average C4 ZR-1 gets a $10K bump in price over a regular C4 because it has an LT5 under the hood.

Does that make you feel any better?

What it means to me is that either car is a screaming deal, and at the bottom of their resale value at this moment.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016   #4
8cam

The prices are disappointing. I was betting we'd see a bump along with the rest of the specialty car market, but the C4 gets no respect. Considering I just rolled 60k on mine, I guess I'm stuck with it for a long time.

Good.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016   #5
Vette73

Than again look at the auction, not a lot of big money bidders...75% of the really nice cars there did not sell...

If you take a really nice C-4 ZR-1 to Barrett Jackson in my opinion it would do well...Its not going to bring crazy money but it will bring a respectable amount..

There was a 96 collectors edition C-4 at Carlisle..Its the silver one...Very nice and straight car 39,000 miles,bought in ten thousand.....So, that's not to bad...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote