ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-28-2015   #1
Karl

Default Coil over ride height adjustment.

I tried to adjust the ride height on my DRM coil over suspension but was not able to. I tried to lower the passenger side rear and it seems the car now sits higher.

Here is a picture. I turned the adjusting nut with the spanner wrench to raise it up along the black part it rides on. This seems to have made the car ride higher.

If I bottom out the nut the ride height does not appear to change that much.

Thanks,

1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015   #2
RussMcB

Default Re: Coil over ride height adjustment.

Here's one way to think about it: When you're turning the perch, imagine that you want to push the tire down into the ground in order to raise that corner.

So, if you raise the perch, that spring is pushing harder, raising the body in that corner.

If you lower the perch, you're "lifting up the wheel", and allowing the car/fender to get closer to the ground.

Also, be very careful making changes to only one side or corner. You want to make changes so that all four corners are supporting the weight symmetrically. In other words, you don't want it to be like a chair with one leg shorter than the others.

If you have weight jacking (for instance, the right front + left rear are not the same as the left front + the right rear), your car will not handle the same in left and right hand corners. You might have less predictable steering, especially when pushing it, or in slick conditions.

Unfortunately, you almost have to have a scale pad to know for sure if your corner weights are 50-50.

Last edited by RussMcB; 12-28-2015 at 11:38 AM.
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote