ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-17-2015   #21
32valvesftw

Default Re: Oil leaked on me twice on the valve cover passenger side near oil fill cap. PIC>

My initial thought was High crankcase pressure, but first rule of troubleshooting is start with the easiest thing first. Maybe it is those vent filters. If it was leaking out your dipstick I would be worried.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015   #22
5ABI VT

Default Re: Oil leaked on me twice on the valve cover passenger side near oil fill cap. PIC>

The dipstick handle and surrounding area are clean. It just pops out a tiny bit. Seems when I push it in it doesn't really click or want to stay put.

I guess the interesting part is after wiping it down the first time .. I got to the event and did 3 wot runs including some decceleration through the gears for the cameras .. Drove about 2 hours from the event mostly steady cruise and some wot to pass people .. And once for a car full of guys who stuck iPhones out to hear it and see it go lol.. And when I stopped at the rest stop it was still clean. From then on it was all freeway all the way home say another 2.5 hours .. When I pulled up to drop my friend at home I got a whiff of the oil and there was a bit more on the cover again. About the best I can describe the driving conditions .
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote