ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-22-2015   #1
Corbusa

Smile What's your opinion of our cars futue

Hey guys, I've been wondering with all the carbon taxes ahead and Gov. wanting cars in the future to be programmable to drive themselves , as well as who knows what the cost of fuel will be in a few years etc. what do you think is ahead for older cars?? I guess either way I'll keep mine to the end of my days . I guess too my question in the title should be whats your plan?
I guess too it may be smart to keep the factory cats...IMO
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015   #2
efnfast

Default Re: What's your opinion of our cars futue

I think the classic car industry is too big and too involved to make go away. But, we did get ultra low sulfur diesel fuel that destroys the old diesels.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015   #3
XfireZ51

The car is the ultimate mobile device. Expect it to follow the product path of an iPhone rather than an automobile in the future. Tesla just did a "software upgrade" on their cars w enhanced feature/functionality.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015   #4
RussMcB

My opinion: I think old, gas guzzling, polluting cars are/will be treated like guns. When the government tries to restrict their use, enough people will rise up to protest so politicians will not go against their constituents.

It would be different if big money industries/lobbyists wanted our cars gone, but in our case, the only people who want them gone probably don't have enough money to influence government.

Of course, all bets are off if you're talking about California. :-) (but maybe safe there, too, since cars are important to Californians).
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote