ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 12-28-2014   #11
Vette Guy

Default Re: Passing of a Founding Member

I just read this and am absolutely shocked. I lived in Tony's neck of the woods for a few years and got to know he and Shrek. I last corresponded with Tony just over a month ago - he let me know that he had just a year and a half left until he was returning to the states, that he was looking forward to getting back into the car community and that he would like to help out with the ZR-1 Net Registry. He sent a photo of the 1986 Army Land Rover that he'd been passing his time with until he returned....

I still can't believe it... We will miss you Tony (L8apex)

with much sadness,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015   #12
Vette Guy

All,

We’ve recently suffered the loss of three of our dear ZR-1 Net Registry members since October. With the passing of Phil DeJohn, we are grateful for the efforts of Dave “Mom” Bright to ensure Phil was remembered with a ZR-1 brick at the National Corvette Museum. With the passing of Tony Watson and George Braml within the last few weeks, the ZR-1 Net Registry will ensure that both members are appropriately remembered on behalf of the ZR-1 Net Registry family.

As such, we have created a venue for members to contribute for each of our departed. We have set up our web store to accept donations in increments of $5 in order for us to reach our goal of $150 for each ZR-1 memorial brick. Additionally, we’ve provided a link to both Tony and George’s obituary, which allows members to view the requests of the family and donate as they see fit.

The link to the “In Memoriam” section of our web store is: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...6/Default.aspx
We as a community are very saddened by such a great loss, and very much appreciate your donation in support of these great friends and ZR-1 enthusiasts.

With heavy heart,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015   #13
LoTu5

I first met Tony in 2002, through the corvette forum and later met with Tony when he visited the UK, when we visited the Jeal workshops. We lost touch and recently made contact again through FB. Tony was always welcoming and friendly and the World will be poorer for his loss. RIP Tony it was an honour to have known you Sir.

Cliff Barrett
UK
Blck/Blck 90 #1799
LoTu5 is offline   Reply With Quote