ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-03-2014   #2
batchman

Default Re: Fuel rail o-rings

Well these two are really kicking my butt. I changed all the rest, being really careful with the dis-assembled basket of snakes, and tried for 1/2 hr to tap/wrestle/finesse the feed/return apart with no luck. I've got it all back together but leaving those two untouched is bugging me - I did find a couple rubber ones that seemed degraded...

Argh,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #3
Schrade

Did you do static FP tests before breakdown?

If it was good, with no leakdown, maybe don't tangle with them...

I had no leakdown before I re-worked top end (until I sheared off one ring), and didn't breakdown the cross-over / FPR assembly.

More Rail breakdown snappics post #89 here

The O's that I did pull I just soaked in Trans-X. THat stuff seems to integrate molecular structure of latex - really swells 'em up too...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 08-03-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #4
batchman

Thanks Schrade (nice pics btw!) - FP seemed stable enough although I didn't do it for long. From the looks of a couple of the o-rings, plus the two in question appear different looking in from the business end, I'm giving it one more try. I took the rail back apart and have the mating block in a vice and am trying to shake these puppies loose, with a touch of PB for good measure. I will give up after 1/2 hr of this and not feel guilty - although I do worry that if I succeed they may be impossible to re-mate. I think these are tighter than the rest by design since they don't have an overclamp - the welded piece "just" clears the boss on the tube.

Somebody burned up some midnight oil designing, then figuring out how to manufacture, this bundle of snakes...

on edit - I'm going to throw this thing in the freezer a while and maybe add some freeze spray...

Cheers,
- Jeff

[/I]

Last edited by batchman; 08-03-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2014   #5
A26B

Jeff,
The two you are trying to remove are permanent. There are no seals to be replaced. 7 seals are for the pipes to the rails & regulator in the back, the other 2 are for the fuel feed & return block, for a total of 9.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #6
batchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Jeff,
The two you are trying to remove are permanent. There are no seals to be replaced. 7 seals are for the pipes to the rails & regulator in the back, the other 2 are for the fuel feed & return block, for a total of 9.
Well that explains it. That's what I was trying to ask you when ordering the set of nine along with the set of two...

Funny thing is I can see a seal inside what I presume to be the pressure side. I figured something was up since the retaining clip is welded not fastened.

Thank goodness you got to me before I succeeded, or started trying too hard!

Cheers,
- Jeff

[/I]