ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-06-2014   #1
WARP TEN

Default FINALLY got the Z out plus installed new top

Chicago's winter has been awful and I am sure it is not over yet, but yesterday it was sunny (still cold at 43 degrees) and I was finally able to get the Z down off the lift, unwinterize it and take it for a short drive. Put the tire pressures back to 35, checked the oil (full), and put on and adjusted a new transparent top. Took it out for a 20 minute ride to test the top and see how it ran. Let oil warm to 160 then took a quick run up the local fast highway. The engine definitely liked the 43 degrees but the tires did not. But it ran strong and felt great. Even ran with the cutouts open for a bit. I missed that! May take it out tomorrow (still sunny) but back up for more rain this week.

My car came with the two top option but the top I got with the car was a replacement Lexan top and it had started to have the tinting peel off--a common problem with those tops. Apparently can't be fixed well. Got a new one from Melrose Corvettes (Melrose T Tops) in Cortland IL. Just like the factory top but without a VIN on it (my replacement top didn't have one either). To adjust the top (as every one from the factory was adjusted) requires removing the rearview mirror, sun visors and the plastic header at the top of the windshield. (Marc H says he drills four holes in the header to avoid this but I went with the regular way). Bit of a pain but I did get the top adjusted and it seemed fine on the short ride.

Anyway, nice to finally have it out again. Looking forward to more sunny days and an eventual warm up, Marc's BBQ and Bowling Green. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014   #2
We Gone

Default Re: FINALLY got the Z out plus installed new top

Nice I bet it was great to get it out, Took my grandson for a 1 hour ride in the Yellow 93 yesterday was in the 60s here. Had forgotten how subdued a stock ZR-1 was!! Don't get me work it still has plenty of power.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote