ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-25-2014   #11
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: speedometer not working

IF it helps, when I did my 91 dash in my 89, I used the 89 VSS (same as the 90 VSS)

everything worked, so I believe if you bought the newer connector and connected the correct wires it would work
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #12
edram454

I will see this weekend what the problem is. If its the vss sensor I will try to buy one somewhere. enough money will buy anything. I am thinking about the 91 vss sensor as a possibility. thanks for all you comments and ideas.

ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #13
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
I will see this weekend what the problem is. If its the vss sensor I will try to buy one somewhere. enough money will buy anything. I am thinking about the 91 vss sensor as a possibility. thanks for all you comments and ideas.

ed ramos #3028
The '91+ VSS is GM 10456089 and is still available. You can/could also take that part number to most auto parts stores and have it used as a reference for an after-market that is much less. The connector will need changed or the pig tailed adapter I mentioned constructed.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #14
scottfab

Quote:

ed ramos #3028
When you go to work on this and if it's not just the connector.
Jack up the driver side of the car to avoid losing fluid when you pull the part.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #15
Schrade

SCV and side mirrors working?

edit: SCV and Cruise Control; not side view mirrors...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 03-27-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #16
edram454

I was able to wangle 2 nos vss units for the 1990 zf 6 speed. How would I install this? Scottfab said jack up the drivers side of the car so fluid wont leak and replace part. Is it that simple?? Any infor on this from zr1 guru's will be appreciated. I found these two pieces at Tomco Inc. Apparently they were hiding in the stock room for who knows how long and I was lucky to have a guy who would go look for it. He had two so I bought them. Any info about installation would be appreciated.

Thanks, ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #17
WVZR-1

Quote:
I was able to wangle 2 nos vss units for the 1990 zf 6 speed. How would I install this? Scottfab said jack up the drivers side of the car so fluid wont leak and replace part. Is it that simple?? Any infor on this from zr1 guru's will be appreciated. I found these two pieces at Tomco Inc. Apparently they were hiding in the stock room for who knows how long and I was lucky to have a guy who would go look for it. He had two so I bought them. Any info about installation would be appreciated.

Thanks, ed ramos #3028
It is that simple. Scott's suggestion for raising the left side will work BUT you mentioned several posts ago "race ramps" so if those are your intentions that would be a "no go" unless you can put your rear wheels on the ramps and then might be no need to increase the left side height. Raising left side only - use a pair of stands. Plan on a minor drip or two regardless.

Buy the seal I mentioned in the email and the replacement is very straight forward. One threaded fastener.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-28-2014 at 06:45 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote