ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-12-2013   #1
GSJoe

Default Tech 1 RWAL/4WAL cable?

Does anyone have a Tech 1 RWAL/4WAL ALDL cable they're not using and would like to sell me? Its part number is TA00011B. If you do, please email me, PM me, call me (704) 947-9758 or run naked to my house if it pleases you to do so. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you...though perhaps not seeing you.
GSJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #2
92whiteZ

Default Re: Tech 1 RWAL/4WAL cable?

does it need its own cable or just the correct adapter?
92whiteZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #3
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJoe View Post
Does anyone have a Tech 1 RWAL/4WAL ALDL cable they're not using and would like to sell me? Its part number is TA00011B. If you do, please email me, PM me, call me (704) 947-9758 or run naked to my house if it pleases you to do so. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you...though perhaps not seeing you.
Joe,

I will look tomorrow.

Brad
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #4
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post
Joe,

I will look tomorrow.

Brad
Yeah - you do that there Santa Brad - and since I haven't been naughty as far as you know, I need a few goodies from Harbor Freight too.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #5
GSJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92whiteZ View Post
does it need its own cable or just the correct adapter?
I need the cable, the exact one I mentioned: P/N TA00011B. This is not an adapter, and it's not the cable the Tech 1 came with originally. It was released for use with the RWAL/4WAL software.
Old 12-13-2013   #6
WVZR-1

Quote:
I need the cable, the exact one I mentioned: P/N TA00011B. This is not an adapter, and it's not the cable the Tech 1 came with originally. It was released for use with the RWAL/4WAL software.
I have that cable but I've never considered a sale of it. Let me consider it. Do you need it for a project or "longer term" to own?
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #7
GSJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
I have that cable but I've never considered a sale of it. Let me consider it. Do you need it for a project or "longer term" to own?
I'd appreciate it very much if you would consider selling it to me. I really need it long term. The TA00011B cable was part of the RWAL/4WAL kit (P/N TK02650A) which the dealers got, but I think that was around 1988, a long time ago. Vetronix, now part of Bosch, is of no help now. The manual I have says: "The new cable will work with all other applications." I'm not sure how it differs from the regular ALDL cable that came with the Tech 1, but somehow it does. Thanks again for your consideration in this matter.
Old 12-13-2013   #8
WVZR-1

Quote:
I'd appreciate it very much if you would consider selling it to me. I really need it long term. The TA00011B cable was part of the RWAL/4WAL kit (P/N TK02650A) which the dealers got, but I think that was around 1988, a long time ago. Vetronix, now part of Bosch, is of no help now. The manual I have says: "The new cable will work with all other applications." I'm not sure how it differs from the regular ALDL cable that came with the Tech 1, but somehow it does. Thanks again for your consideration in this matter.
It has the "power out" port that the RWAL/4WAL connector plugs into. I've never checked one to see the voltage output but maybe that would be all that's required to power and use the "base cable" with the RWAL/4WAL adapter. Your adapter does have a "male barrel" pigtail dangling from it?
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013   #9
GSJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
It has the "power out" port that the RWAL/4WAL connector plugs into. I've never checked one to see the voltage output but maybe that would be all that's required to power and use the "base cable" with the RWAL/4WAL adapter. Your adapter does have a "male barrel" pigtail dangling from it?
Yes, it does. I still hope to find a TA00011B cable because it is required to use the Tech 1 with OBD II adapters and software that I have. I was fortunate to find a MSC with the latest software release (2005, I think), and I already had the other necessary cables and adapters for OBD-II. I tried using the software and setup with the base Tech 1 cable, but it doesn't work. The Tech 1 manual clearly states that the OBD-II stuff requires using the TA00011B. I just hope I can find one.