ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-26-2013   #11
edram454

Default Re: rear wheel question

i found a company called motorsport tech. the make custom hub centric spacers. they make a spacer that is bolted onto my hub that has studs already installed on the spacer. it also has a lip in the center when your wheels aligns onto the spacer so it wont move around and would be a perfect fit. they are in nevada and the guy will call me tomorrow am to place an order. the owner already knew what i wanted and the sizes by heart. he said he has done money spacers for corvettes and zr1's. bring them up on your computer and take a look at all the different kinds of spacers his company makes. that is all they do. thanks for your help.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #12
WVZR-1

I'm familiar with them and have spoken to them in the past. They've never done any for me and I would still choose the pass-through but it's certainly a solution for you. Their minimum is 19mm and should do so long as the wheel that you've bought is a 50mm offset. Do NOT assume.

It helps your cause if there's a depression between each wheel stud bore on your wheels. I mentioned posting a snapshot of the wheel back-side a couple posts ago. You need to measure the length of your wheel stud that is exposed from the rotor flange regardless of what they tell you, you will need to either have a recess in your wheel to absorb that additional length or you will need to trim your studs on the car now to a length that's less than the thickness of your adapter.

You need to first confirm the wheel that you've bought - there's no telling for sure with out checking for casting information and confirming that by checking the dimensions with measuring devices.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #13
edram454

the wheels I bought have the following dimensions: 17x11/ offset 50mm/ bolt pattern-5.120.6.5/ hubsize is 70.7/ and back spacing is 7.97. i realize that the wheel studs cannot stick out past the spacer and must be trimmed. apparently there is a run on these rims because now they are very difficult to get. even oe wheel is out of them and they are the main distributor of these wheels in the country. I was not able to find a chrome a mold that fits a zr1 with 36mm back spacing. nobody has any. I will try to use what I have and try to have oe wheels pick up some of the cost of the spacers. they want to work with me so I think they will.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote