ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-27-2013   #1
LancePearson

Default DOHC Engines and the C7 current data

Cadillac is starting to get great press on their new 3.6 liter dohc v6 twin turbo with terrific horsepower and torque...all new rework of the size. The dohc architecture lends itself well to turbos for boost in power.

I stopped at my local Vette dealer today and they do not have brochures but they do have prices for the C7 and they sell about 20 vettes a year, are down to only one 2013 on their lot and one 2012. Their allocation the next model year is 14 and the first one is built and the owner was off seeing it today. It is also sold. The guys I talked to said they are now actively assembling the C7's but I got the impression you will be hard pressed to find a base model C7 at base prices as most of the first year will be special editions loaded with options of which there are many and the price will be considerably above the $59k base model, considerably. I am curious to see what the weight will be with all the things they have "improved" and added. I'm happy with my 91 but wanted to tour the factory and may now do so this winter to see them make one in person.

Here is the caddy new engine: Twin turbos on the LT5? Those who have done so report enormous horsepower and torque in my conversations.

Fuel delivery: direct injection
Architecture: dual overhead cam
Peak horsepower: 420 (410 in XTS Vsport)
Peak torque: 430lb-ft (369lb-ft in XTS Vsport)

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130...y-dipped-heart
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: DOHC Engines and the C7 current data

Ooooo.... Getting dangerously close to the new LT1 pushrod specs, huh?

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #3
LancePearson

Default Re: DOHC Engines and the C7 current data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Ooooo.... Getting dangerously close to the new LT1 pushrod specs, huh?
Heck, the salesman today asked me if I owned a Vette and I listed three vet based, two Vettes and he focused on the 91 Z right away asking about hp and speed. I mentioned that my lightly tuned 91 had the same or better specs than the 2014 c7 and he nodded, asked me shift points and times and nodded again conceding. Now,l wonder what can you do to the new C7 Lt1 to pump it up? Turbo, supercharger, start messing with exhaust, rechip it for timing (might be complex with all that direct injection, half the cylinders off stuff), port and relieve it some more? Unknown but someone will take a 6.2 liter up more than stock. In my view, you gotta get rid of the pushrod mass to really make them run...even with superchargers on the current zr1 2013 over time. Once you get to dohc and no pushrod mass life gets lots more possible in my view...Ford agrees, Cadillac agrees, Ferrari agrees, Lamborghini agrees, yada, yada, yada.

I have heard nothing about a Z version, only the 51 series suspension stuff which you pay and pay and pay for on the options list.

I seriously like what I have and other than taking it to a 415 with Marc or something like that, if I did anything it might be really fun to put just one turbo charger on it and re chip it for that and even leave the port and relieve, etc. alone, just bigger exhaust and intake maybe.
Lance
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461

Last edited by LancePearson; 08-27-2013 at 08:59 PM.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote