ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-20-2013   #31
A26B

Default Re: Gathering BBQ Update

Thanks for having the BBQ Jim. My son Morgan & I enjoyed it very much.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #32
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
JVD:

Thanks for another great BBQ, and I hope my credit is still good with you, I did make it in earlier than anticipated.

P.S. My brake lights do work, I just don't use them unless I absolutely need them!
Hey guys. You know why Mr Thomas wins all them xcrosses? HE CHEATS!! I mean it. First of all I see how he actually goes slower to go faster (you have to be there to see it) and then he does this finale thing that you just have to see. Then I watched really careful and I didn't see a taillight ever. I heard a long time ago about these guys who raced them ZR-1's and called themselves "Pirates". They had a really hot shoe for a driver and even though the SCCA made brake lights mandatory, they rigged a switch to turn them off during the race at certain times so nobody could see how he did his braking....and when. 'Caused a BIG wreck when a certain black Porch went in waaaay too hot at Sears Point and flipped his car into the barricades. He went on to blamin' them Pirates that they had no brake lights and it caused him to almost run into the back of them which was why he crashed! So them Pirates just flipped a switch and they worked perfect!

Now as far as that BBQ goes, I want to be serious for a rare occasion.

This was the best BBQ we ever had.....BECAUSE OF YOU FOLKS. I think it was the perfect size group, you guys were right on the money with your RSVP's at 65. How 'bout 'ol Marty's ribeyes??? Is he a piece of work or what? You all even floated ONE keg. What am I to do with the other one?

JUst be careful with those emblems 'cause once you stickum, they ain't comin' off! If you need another, just let me know. We had a few spares leftover.

Thanks again gang.
oh, P.s. Yes Joe Thomas won the autocross......WITH A 240 LB PASSENGER IN THE CAR!!!
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #33
Fully Vetted

WHOA! Hold on just a minute there Mr. Van Dorn. I have never weighed 240 lbs!

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #34
vandornjim

P.S.S. And his '95 is ALL stock! No wonder they don't have police pursuits in Michigan!
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
Old 05-20-2013   #35
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
WHOA! Hold on just a minute there Mr. Van Dorn. I have never weighed 240 lbs!
No, you were in there for the fastest run, uh....27.31 was it? But his 27.49 with that big guy with the hat still beat the next fastest car so technically, he coulda woulda shoulda won if you hadn't conned poor Joe into another ride or two.

Hey question there FV. How much WOULD you pay for one-a-them rides with Joe anyways? Might be some profit in there somewheres....
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
Old 05-22-2013   #36
WARP TEN

Hey Jim--

The BBQ was great and Marty's ribeyes were excellent! And thanks for the help on my tires. Definitly improved the vibration, although I later had a Road Force balance and they had to rotate three of the four tires on the rims, and one tire was simply "Out of spec". And there may even be something other than the tires causing some vibration, as I still had a little on the way home. A great time and I plan to be there next year, as long as you invite Marty to do the cooking!--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote