ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 03-11-2007   #1
LeoLily

Default Thank you to everyone!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. I am getting ready to attend my 19-yr-old son's graduation from Army Basic Training and bracing myself for his being posted to Iraq in the next few months.

I have been having a tough time dealing with this and reading the forum has given me some laughs I desperately needed. Again, thank you for being you!
LeoLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
Hammer

Smile Re: Thank you to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLily
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. I am getting ready to attend my 19-yr-old son's graduation from Army Basic Training and bracing myself for his being posted to Iraq in the next few months.

I have been having a tough time dealing with this and reading the forum has given me some laughs I desperately needed. Again, thank you for being you!
Lily,
Your son is doing a brave deed and I hope everthing goes well for him and your family. Serving the country is one of the highest honors I have had. If it was not for young men such as him, we would not have the feedom we have today.
Thanks and God Bless

USMC 72-76
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
FU

Default Re: Thank you to everyone!

Thank your son for his service from all of us .

We aim to please....come on down to BG for some up close ZR1 fun.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4
Z Factor

Thumbs up Re: Thank you to everyone!

While I am sure there is great trepidation about him potentially going into harms way, there must be great pride as well. Our country exists today based on the service of the armed forces going back to the continental army. Since the populace is currently not required to serve, those who volunteer should be given special reverence for their willingness to stand where others have stood before and keep our country free.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #5
LeoLily

I agree BUT I'm still a worried mom! Thanks for all of your support. I AM unbelievably proud of him and, in fact, am flying out to his basic training graduation in the morning. I am grateful that if I couldn't serve, at least my child can.
Old 03-19-2007   #6
LeoLily

Well, graduation is over and Chris has started AIT at Fort Sill. He said he is training to be a forward scout (officially "forward observer") as part of a 3-man team. The "family day activities" included demonstrating some of the training they had received (exercises, unarmed combat, attacking an armed enemy's post, etc.) It was all very educational and, after seeing the changes in my son, I feel a whole lot better about this whole thing! I met several of his platoon-mates and can tell immediately that there is a brotherhood bond among these men.

His AIT is 6 weeks and, assuming he graduates from that, he has requested (in order) Germany, France, Italy, Ft. Carson for his "permanent" posting. We'll see what happens.

Here's some pics!

Last edited by LeoLily; 03-19-2007 at 02:48 PM.