ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 03-31-2013   #1
LilRedCorvette

Smile Clifton Sunday Brunch Cruise - Sun. 4/7/13

WAZOO Gang,

I know that Sat 4/6/13 is the Carlisle event (I intend to drop by for part of it) but for anyone who is going to be back in the area the next day (Sunday, 4/7/13), you're cordially invited to come out to my brunch cruise. There will be Corvettes and Mustangs in attendance...all are welcome.

There will be a Part 1 cruise segment, then brunch, then a Part 2 cruise segment...so feel free to do all or just some of the event (just let me know in advance).

We will start in Centreville and drive some very twisty roads through scenic Clifton, Fairfax Station, Springfield, and Lorton.

WHEN: Sunday, April 7th, 2013

9:45 AM - arrival at cruise start point
10:00 AM - quick driver's meeting/map hand-outs
10:10 AM - depart for cruise
11:00 AM - arrive at brunch

***Around 12 - 1PM (whenever people finish eating) - After brunch, there is a Part Two to the cruise, with a different route. Stick around after brunch to cruise even more fabulous area roads. One event, twice the fun!

We will have brunch at the Fireside Grill in Lorton, Virginia. The brunch offerings are extensive and include an omelet station, waffle station, beef tenderloin carving station, eggs Benedict, French toast, bacon, sausage, chicken, potatoes, fresh fruit, salads, and desserts.

Fireside Grill
9000 Lorton Station Boulevard
Lorton, VA 22079-4748

Please bring CASH - $23.00 per person (includes brunch, soft drink, tax, & tip) - exact change or bring small bills to help make change!

Please RSVP by Thursday 4/4 NLT 12 PM if at all possible with full name and number attending to Laurie Kistner at social@nvcorvetteclub.com ASAP.

This is a RAIN or SHINE event. If it rains and you don't want to bring out the vette, feel free to bring alternate transportation (sedan, truck, minivan, hooptie, whatever!) As the owner of 2 Corvettes fast approaching vintage status, I reserve the right to lead the cruise in the German Corvette (a.k.a. Hans the BMW).

For ease of egress, we will be meeting at Newgate Shopping Center, which is conveniently located at the intersection of Routes 28 and 29 in Centreville. It is also accessible via Route 66 exit number 53A.

Cruise start point Google Map
2020 Black M240i Coupe - AutoX

Last edited by LilRedCorvette; 04-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #2
ZR1Vette

Default Re: Clifton Sunday Brunch Cruise - Sun. 4/7/13

Hi Laurie,
The email link you provide sends me to Nevada Corvette Club...so I am sending this via this site... Looks like I and Ellen will be attending the Sunday Brunch Cruise...always enjoyed it in the past. Will be coming with MR BLU since I am no longer at ZR-1 owner
Michael

[I][SIZE="2"]1990 RED on RED #566[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE="2"]WAZOO MEMBER[/I][/SIZE]
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #3
LilRedCorvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1Vette View Post
Hi Laurie,
The email link you provide sends me to Nevada Corvette Club...so I am sending this via this site... Looks like I and Ellen will be attending the Sunday Brunch Cruise...always enjoyed it in the past. Will be coming with MR BLU since I am no longer at ZR-1 owner
Michael
Hmmm...it shouldn't have sent you to Nevada Corvette Club, as the nvcorvetteclub.com domain is ours.

I have added you both to the list...can't wait!!!
Old 04-07-2013   #4
LilRedCorvette

We had 41 folks come out to brunch today, in what appears to have been the inaugural cruise event for both the Corvettes and Mustangs..........WOW!!! Although it was a HUGE group of cars with our share of curve-balls, we all got to our destination safely via all the great twisty roads the town of Clifton has to offer. Thanks to everyone who lent a helping hand in getting to brunch...especially to Anthony Lucido, who calls Clifton home and led from the back when necessary. Was nice to see everyone helping each other out, that's what these clubs are about!

It was great to see old friends (ZR1Vette & wife Ellen in their C6), some coming as far as West Virginia (JFerner & wife Nancy in their ZR-1!) to cruise with us, as well as some new folks whose first event was this very cruise. What a great set of folks to share the roads with!

I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed the drive, the food, the wonderful (and long-overdue!) spring weather, and each other. Have some other scenic routes and great food stops for future events that will hopefully make their way onto the calendar at some point...

But for now I shall pass out for a nap!

Last edited by LilRedCorvette; 04-07-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2013   #5
secondchance

Sorry I couldn't make this one. After 5:30 am to 8:30 pm of Carlisle, it was tough to do the car thing again on Sunday.
But I am very glad to hear this was also a great success.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #6
LilRedCorvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Sorry I couldn't make this one. After 5:30 am to 8:30 pm of Carlisle, it was tough to do the car thing again on Sunday.
But I am very glad to hear this was also a great success.
I didn't think I'd get many folks here due to the Carlisle event...the WAZOO folks that did attend weren't at Carlisle. That's why I didn't stay at Carlisle too long, I knew I had the other event to lead the next day and didn't want to get too tired out!

That being said, I'm more than happy to do another one of these brunch cruise events again in the future on a (hopefully) less-busy weekend for the WAZOO gang.

Last edited by LilRedCorvette; 04-08-2013 at 09:35 PM.