ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 02-26-2013   #1
vilant

Default Anyone using Tuner Pro or EFI?

Was wondering if anyone uses either to datalog or tune their Z's. I purchased an all-in-one (OBDI & OBDII) software package that has Tuner Pro RT and EFI V4. I like the lay out of EFI so I started with that, but I'm having trouble getting it to talk to the ECM. The first problem was there wasn't a vehicle file that exactly matched a 1990 ZR-1. So a programmer for EFI, who has been helping me, gave me the base data and I created one. Still having trouble getting it talk though. I think it's one of 2 problems; 1- the suspend or silence command is going to the wrong module 2-the timing for T1-T6 is wrong (this sets the time delay for EFI to wait for a reply). If I can't get the EFI to work (which is my first choice) I guess I'll go with the Tuner Pro, but again I'll have to learn how to use it first and probably have to create another file. Just thought I take a shot and see if someone out there may be familiar with one or the other and give me some guidance. Here's how the EFI looks

1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599

Last edited by vilant; 02-26-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: Anyone using Tuner Pro or EFI?

Talk to =Jeff= about an .adx to use w TPRT for datalogging. You must use the correct ALDL file mask in order for you to connect and make any sense of the data.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #3
vilant

Default Re: Anyone using Tuner Pro or EFI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Talk to =Jeff= about an .adx to use w TPRT for datalogging. You must use the correct ALDL file mask in order for you to connect and make any sense of the data.
Hey thanks. I looked into TPRT, I believe it's a 8e_adx file I need. Another reason I was trying to get EFIV4 to work is, I don't believe you can re-burn your PROM w/ it (not ready for that step yet, and didn't want to do it accidentally, however unlikely). It justs reads and records data, and clears codes. But if TPRT is the only one that'll work, I'll go that route.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote