ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-04-2012   #31
Torchred96

Default Re: Cam bearing surface slightly rough?

I went ahead and got 16 melling jb236. I would have tried the sealed power ones if the seller had sent me 16, but he says he only had 8. If I get what I ordered this time, I will order another 16 for the other side. Money is tight..isnt it always
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #32
tomtom72

as one of those that are staring up at the LT5 learning curve...man that curve looks steep too! I admire your fortitude in taking on this work. I hope it is just a case of lifters doing the trick for your motor and then smooth sailing after.

I also want to say that actually seeing the internals of an LT5 when viewed from the oil pan looking up into the case must be like seeing the Sistine Chaple's ceiling in person versus seeing a picture!

Good luck with this job, and I hope all is well with the rest of Her heart!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #33
Torchred96

Tom, Thanks for the words of encouragement. Someone said here and I can't remember who, if the car is right for you, it will speak to you. I guess it helps if you think that part of the fun of owning a corvette is that after you drive it, you can park it and take out your tools and/or rags and let the fun begin.

I spent all day yesterday flat on my back cleaning (and admiring) the undercarriage while I wait for parts. The whole time, I'm thinking..this is not just any old corvette, it THE ZR-1!!!! How lucky am I!!! Never ending fun And when I do get to drive it again, it will be that much nicer than when I parked it.
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote