ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-03-2012   #21
4CAM LT5

Default Re: C5 Z06 owner thinking about a C4 ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
I would just add one thing about owning a C4 ZR-1. Oh, I have never even been in a C5 much less ever owned one....but back to the ZR-1. IMHO owning a ZR-1 is not so much a buying decision as it is a calling.

If I owned a C5 or a C6 I can think of at least five tuner shops I could use to keep the car in top shape, if I wanted to be that type of vette owner. I can't even find many shops that even want to work on a C4 where I live; let alone that I would trust working on an LT5. So add to the "calling" aspect the willingness to get your hands dirty. To me owning a C4 ZR-1 requires that the owner be willing to be hands on. Oh, and you also have to be willing to put up with all the quirks of a 4th generation car to boot!

This sounds like I'm trying to talk you out of buying a ZR-1, or that I am one disgruntled ZR-1 owner? Absolutely not! I want you to have your eyes wide open. As for me, well my car spoke to me before I even bought Her, and She continues to speak to me every time I get in Her. I would not trade Her to acquire any other corvette.

Tom
Very, very well-put, Tom...!! I got out of a 2004 C5 (modded by ECS) almost three years ago for my 1991 ZR-1. I have no regrets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Red]1991 ZR-1 #318 -- SOLD 3/28/2013[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
White / Red Leather / Bone Stock / Two Tops / Goodyear Eagle GS-D3's

[I][B]The "Past Collection"... [/B][/I]
2004 [COLOR=DimGray]MSG Coupe [/COLOR][I](Sold)[/I]
[I]1996 [COLOR=SlateGray]Collector Edition Convertible / LT4 [/COLOR](Sold)
1989 Triple Black Coupe (Sold)
1991 [COLOR=Blue]Quasar Blue Convertible [/COLOR](Sold)[/I]
4CAM LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #22
tcz062

93 ZR1 with the street skinner package will roast any stock C5 Z06 and will give a C6 Z06 a run for their money. The street skinner package added about 70 HP to the stock LT5. I know a guy that has a a torch red with that package 409 gears and power effects exhaust system all done by Auto Masters. That car is fast considering the weight disadvantage, think he said it was about 400 lbs heavier than the later Z06's.
tcz062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #23
4CAM LT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcz062 View Post
93 ZR1 with the street skinner package will roast any stock C5 Z06 and will give a C6 Z06 a run for their money. The street skinner package added about 70 HP to the stock LT5. I know a guy that has a a torch red with that package 409 gears and power effects exhaust system all done by Auto Masters. That car is fast considering the weight disadvantage, think he said it was about 400 lbs heavier than the later Z06's.
....YUP....!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Red]1991 ZR-1 #318 -- SOLD 3/28/2013[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
White / Red Leather / Bone Stock / Two Tops / Goodyear Eagle GS-D3's

[I][B]The "Past Collection"... [/B][/I]
2004 [COLOR=DimGray]MSG Coupe [/COLOR][I](Sold)[/I]
[I]1996 [COLOR=SlateGray]Collector Edition Convertible / LT4 [/COLOR](Sold)
1989 Triple Black Coupe (Sold)
1991 [COLOR=Blue]Quasar Blue Convertible [/COLOR](Sold)[/I]
4CAM LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote