ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 04-25-2011   #1
A26B

Default Starters & Alternators

Added Remy rebuilt Starters & Alternators to our line of LT5 parts today. NO EXCHANGE REQUIRED, keep your core.

http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...roducts_id=577

http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...roducts_id=576

About REMY: Although REMY is not as well recognized as "ACDelco" or "DelcoRemy", it is nontheless, was part of the same GM Division. After 1994 spun-off the DelcoRemy group to private investors, GM retained the name ACDelco. The new parts division was ACG initially then Delphi which was subsequently sold in 1999.
  • 1927, REMY & DELCO merged to form DelcoRemy, a General Motors Division.
  • 1974, GM streamlined & combined the AC spark plug divisiion with Delco/DelcoRemy
  • 1994, DelcoRemy became an independent company
  • 2004, REMY trademark was added to the company's brand portfolio
So, what you see as REMY today has more history of quality associated with the DelcoRemy and ACDelco name than the ACDelco brand of today.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #2
94Admiral

Default Re: Starters & Alternators

Jerry -

You are truly awesome and a great resource! Gotta ask....what could possibly make you want a wimpy skunk???

Scott
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #3
A26B

"New" (2011) Grand Sport!
I've driven the LS3, Z51 C6 on the track a few times and I gotta tell you, I'm impressed. To this track rookies opinion, it's right there with the ZO6. Now on a long track, I would imagine the difference is much more.

Add the ZO6 brakes, wheels & tires to the package & I can only imagine. Not that it would ever see a track, but it would "See the USA in a Chevrolet"

'sides that..... it sure is pretty.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
Old 04-26-2011   #4
JThomas

Jerry:

I recently attended a course at Spring Mountain, in February. They have Z06's and Grand Sports as the track cars. I personally own a 2007 Z06, but most of the time at the track I drove the Grand Sport.

I agree with your assesment that the GS is a great option and rivals the Z06, up to a point. I admit, I did like the GS and I think you will too.

At the end of the day, I got a chance to put the new ZR1 on the course for a few laps and all I can say about that car is that it is scary fast!!!!
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #5
Blue Flame Restorations

Jerry, Remy (Remy International) is about three minutes from me. I actually worked in Plant 11 and also Delphi Plant 20 during my manufacturing career. Anderson, IN. My entire family was salary at GM until it all left town.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project

Last edited by Blue Flame Restorations; 04-26-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #6
94Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
"New" (2011) Grand Sport!
I've driven the LS3, Z51 C6 on the track a few times and I gotta tell you, I'm impressed. To this track rookies opinion, it's right there with the ZO6. Now on a long track, I would imagine the difference is much more.

Add the ZO6 brakes, wheels & tires to the package & I can only imagine. Not that it would ever see a track, but it would "See the USA in a Chevrolet"

'sides that..... it sure is pretty.
My bad...can't disagree with the desire for new wheels.
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #7
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
Jerry, Remy (Remy International) is about three minutes from me. I actually worked in Plant 11 and also Delphi Plant 20 during my manufacturing career. Anderson, IN. My entire family was salary at GM until it all left town.
What a coincidence! Now, Remy International is right here in Edmond, OK. I pass it every day nearly, on my way to the post office.

Did I get the history & connections correct? I put that information on the website so customers would know the connection to ACDelco & DelcoRemy as a matter of quality assurance. Now, as I understand it GM's ACG/ACDelco is only the namesake of the original DelcoRemy Division, and now outsources from whereever.
Old 04-26-2011   #8
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
Jerry:

I recently attended a course at Spring Mountain, in February. They have Z06's and Grand Sports as the track cars. I personally own a 2007 Z06, but most of the time at the track I drove the Grand Sport.

I agree with your assesment that the GS is a great option and rivals the Z06, up to a point. I admit, I did like the GS and I think you will too.

At the end of the day, I got a chance to put the new ZR1 on the course for a few laps and all I can say about that car is that it is scary fast!!!!
I was fortunate enough to have J.J., one of the Spring Mountain Instructors, take me for 3 hot-laps in the ZR1. At that time, he held the Spring Mountain track record in the ZR1. Add a few expletives to the my following statement; "The ZR1 is an absolute beast on the track, in the hands of a professional." Half way through turn 3 on the 1st hot lap I thought "he's gonna kill us both." Then, when we passed my lift point in the back straight (abt 115) at 135 in the ZR1, I KNEW he was gonna kill us both. Just when I thought I had survived, we made 2 more hot laps. What a kick-azz experience.

Thanks for the report on the GS. Sounds like they have replaced the Z51's with the GS. Very cool. I need to go back out for Level II.
Old 04-26-2011   #9
Blue Flame Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
What a coincidence! Now, Remy International is right here in Edmond, OK. I pass it every day nearly, on my way to the post office.

Did I get the history & connections correct? I put that information on the website so customers would know the connection to ACDelco & DelcoRemy as a matter of quality assurance. Now, as I understand it GM's ACG/ACDelco is only the namesake of the original DelcoRemy Division, and now outsources from whereever.
DRI may be just the Heavy Duty Div. Generators/ Alternators and Starters for large vehicles. Trucks, buses, etc.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #10
mike100

I've had two of my personal cars on Spring Mtn's playground. I can totally see why they made the GS...430 hp/tq is too much for the coupe's skinny tires sometimes when you're maxing out on a road course.

Fun, but maybe not as fun as flogging somebody else's vettes.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote