ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-29-2004   #1
Longgone

Default Goodyear F1 GS-D3 Defect

:!: 275/40ZR17 Goodyear F1 GS-D3. Be sure you inspect these tires before you pay for them. If you order them be sure you explain you will not take them if the side walls are scuffed. With Discount tire I went through three sets delivered from Goodyear's warehouse trying to find a set that was not "Badly" Curb scuffed. They Litarelly look like they have 20,000 miles of curb damage. Rear tires looked good as new. Discount tire was great about trying to fix Goodyears problem. Goodyear finally admitted in an E.mail that it is a process for tread trimming??? Whatever that is I do not think it is the problem. More like quality control. But I would not have agreed to keep them if it was not for the great ride they gave to my "completely stock" 1994ZR. Quiet and smooth but you can tell you are giveing up sharp cornering because of the soft rubber. At least it feels like soft rubber. It almost feels like the car over steers. For a smooth and comfortable sticking to the asphalt ride they are great. Competition you can forget it........and you have to live with people wondering how a person could hit that many curbs. Discusted with Goodyear for "makeing" me drive junk looking tires, and not agreeing to a problem they have. High dollar tires looking like junkyard used.......Is the ride worth it...........Yea, I guessssss.
Longgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004   #2
Z Factor

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the information.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #3
Tom

I have had these tires on my ZR-1 for over a year and I really like them. Mine look fine with none of the problems you mentioned. They run much quieter on most types of pavement, ride better, and stick and handle better than the gatorbacks I ran until I put these tires on.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #4
FASTZR1

Default GSD 3's

I have enjoyed my GSD-3's for over a year now. Quite a tire! It does great in rain, quiet and sticky in the dry. Drop the psi to 21 and they do great at the 1/4 mile track. I have not tried them on the autocross track, but others have said they do very well. I will find out soon!

JohnnyB
FASTZR1
FASTZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote