ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 03-04-2011   #1
carter200

Default The bread winner!!!

Why our country is broke.

Bread Winner...

I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20s came to the ER with her 8thpregnancy. She stated, "my momma told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."

He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money for the family. It goes like this: The grandma calls the Department of Child and Family Services and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for these children. DCFS agrees and states that the child or children will need to go to foster care.

The grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and thus receives a check for $1500 per child per month in Illinois .

Total yearly income:
$144,000 tax-free,not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid) plus a monthly card entitling her to free groceries, etc, and a voucher for 250 free cell phone minutes per month. This does not even include WIC and other welfare programs..Indeed, grandma was correct in that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the ruling class spends our tax dollars.

Sebastian J. Ciancio, M.D. Urologist, Danville Polyclinic, LTD
Is this a GREAT COUNTRY or what...
Don't forget to pay your taxes!!!
There are a lot of ?Breadwinners? depending on you & I
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: The bread winner!!!

Q: Does Illinois pay a grandmother $1,500 per month per child to be the foster parent to her eight grandchildren?
A: No. State officials have no record of such a case, and state law would not allow it. This second-hand story spread by a Danville urologist isn?t true.
FULL QUESTION
Below is an e-mail that has circulated in the past few weeks. I would like to determine what, if any, of these assertions are true.
Bread Winner? Making Babies!
I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20s came to the ER with her 8th pregnancy. She stated, "my momma told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."
⬐ Click to expand/collapse the full text ⬏
FULL ANSWER
The e-mail was written by Dr. Sebastian J. Ciancio, a urologist who practices in Danville, Ill. He told us he wrote it sometime in July to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh based on a second-hand report from an emergency-room physician he declined to name. "I really only know what the patient told the ER physician as reported to me through that physician," Ciancio said in an e-mail to us. We asked to speak with the doctor, and Ciancio told us he passed along our request. But we have not heard from this physician.
In his e-mail to Limbaugh, Ciancio relays the story of a grandmother in Illinois who he claims is the foster parent to her eight grandchildren and receives $1,500 per child per month for a total of $144,000 a year. The story is simply false. Illinois Department of Children and Family Services spokesman Jimmie Whitelow told us that no such case exists in the state?s system.
Whitelow, Dec. 7: Under the parameters under which he made the assertion, the Department has no such case. We don?t have a family like that. We don?t have anything that looks remotely like what he described.
Foster Care Payments
First, the e-mail makes the false claim that a foster parent ?receives $1,500 per child per month in Illinois.? That?s not true. No individual in Illinois can receive that much money per child. In the case of a grandmother serving as a foster parent to her grandchildren, Whitelow said that situation would be classified as "relative home care." The grandmother could be unlicensed or licensed, but both payment rates are significantly below $1,500.
The typical monthly payment rates for licensed relative home care range from $384 to $471, depending on the age of the child. The monthly payment rates for unlicensed relative home care range from $286 to $310, depending on the county. This money includes board, clothing and allowance. Foster parents may also receive ?one-time only payments to assist the foster parent with fees that may be imposed,? Whitelow explained. Such fees could be for school supplies ($50 per year) or camp fees ($260.35 maximum).
This DCFS chart shows the monthly payment rates for licensed relative home care:

http://factcheck.org/2010/12/fostering-a-fortune/
*send green star

Kat H.

2 months ago
If she was caring for more then 1 child it could equal up to $1500 or more a month...
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #3
carter200

Wow, thanks for clarifying that. With gas touching on $4 per gallon stories like the one above don't seem that far fetched.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #4
XfireZ51

Here's what is really going on:

A CEO, a Tea Partier and a union member are sitting with a plate of 10 cookies. The CEO grabs nine cookies and says to the Tea Partier, ?Watch out for that union guy. He wants a piece of your cookie.??
Old 03-07-2011   #5
Bob G

Dominick I see that you figured it out now that you are a ceo.
How's the tune comming on that cammed & ported 350
Bob G
427 LT5
Bob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #6
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Dominick I see that you figured it out now that you are a ceo.
How's the tune comming on that cammed & ported 350
Bob G
427 LT5
Bob,

Nothing on the tune yet. It would be pointless until I get an exhaust system on there that is free of leaks and also isn't quite the restriction the 2.25" Borla is now. Hoping Al can get it together this week. I played a bit with the tune just to try and reduce the richness and get a steadier idle. I can start to datalog once the exhaust is done.