ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 03-04-2011   #11
XfireZ51

Default Re: Aloha or Sayonara?

Craig,

So as Inunderstand it from another thread, u used SGC Stage 1 cams with GVD heads? I'll be interested in your dyno nbers as I also installed GVD heads but with Pete's Intake while retaining stock exhaust. Which headers will you be using in Japan or is it stock manifolds?
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #12
Eric24

Craig,

Car looks awesome and just in time for retirement. Just got back a few weeks ago and might be dropping my papers soon as well. Congrats on the car.

Eric
Eric24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #13
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Craig,

So as Inunderstand it from another thread, u used SGC Stage 1 cams with GVD heads? I'll be interested in your dyno nbers as I also installed GVD heads but with Pete's Intake while retaining stock exhaust. Which headers will you be using in Japan or is it stock manifolds?
Hey Dom,

Yes, that is true about the SGC Stage 1 (both intake and exhaust) and GVD heads. I have SW headers and B&B triflos, but have shipped some bullet cats that I have to add on there. I'm anxious to see what kind of numbers myself once I get it broken in......yeah, it sucks to be shipping the vehicle with the entire drivetrain new and not broken in. I hope it does not get abused intransit. I'm sure there are some good performance shops in Yokohama being the second largest city in Japan and if not Tokyo area is nearby. I'll post the numbers once I get a chance.

I went against a couple of recommendations about using Stage I cams in a 350 motor, but I love the way it runs and sounds so far........it was plenty strong for me the few bursts I gave it and it was stronger than the 368 Jeal Z I drove last week on a test drive. I spoke with Aaron Scott himself about how, why and when he developed the Stage 1s and decided to go with it.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #14
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric24 View Post
Craig,

Car looks awesome and just in time for retirement. Just got back a few weeks ago and might be dropping my papers soon as well. Congrats on the car.

Eric
Eric,

Thanks and glad to hear you are back and safe. We really appreciate your service and commitment to our great country. I can't wait to shake some windows in downtown Yokohama........that is if they will let me make it legal to drive over there. Retirement is great, but I do miss being a soldier too.

Craig

Old 03-06-2011   #15
RICKYRJ1

Craig, you make all of us proud with your hard work and determination. You have a bad azz Z that evem Godzilla (GTR) will respect when you get to the other side. Thanks to Al Gore, we'll keep in touch, I always enjoy bouncing ideas off of you.
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #16
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
Craig, you make all of us proud with your hard work and determination. You have a bad azz Z that evem Godzilla (GTR) will respect when you get to the other side. Thanks to Al Gore, we'll keep in touch, I always enjoy bouncing ideas off of you.
Thanks Rick. I'm sure the rice burners will be calling me out all the time; there are some fast cars over there so I'm glad I did all the performance mods. Now I just gotta get some big brakes like you so I can stop the beast. I'm sure I'll come across so good ideas to share with my custom mod Z brother. You know they have carbon fiber hoods, roofs, and hatches for our cars. I'll have to look into that suspension brace for the front too.

How do you like these, can't underestimate our Z brothers over there?:

I want to toss out my FX3s............................

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 03-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.