ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 03-03-2011   #11
XfireZ51

Default Re: The Aventador

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
but do they give you the pills to go with it?

God, I remember seeing that one in a movie theater!

Oh, yea that is a nice ride. Lambo was always out there with their body styles. Only trouble with their approach, IMHO, is that after awhile the 'look' doesn't age too well for my taste.
One of the classic lines from Sleeper is when Diane Keaton tells Woody Allen that she's a Ph.d student. He asks her what she is studying and she says "Oral Sex". And he then asks, completely nonplussed, "Did you take any Spanish with that?" The look on his face as absolutely brilliant.

As for car design, I still consider the Countach the grandfather of Supercars. Where Pinin designs sex on wheels for Ferrari, Lambo's are the ICBMs.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #12
tomtom72

Yea you're right Dom. Pinin is like old school rock & roll and Bertone with Lambo is like Techno-rock, well that's the way it seems to me. Bertone was always more bold in their body shapes for sure!

My two most coveted Pinin bodied cars are the 330 4 cam & the Daytona 365GTB......although if some one gave me a 248 GTS I wouldn't turn it down. Ah, who am I kidding? I'd take any of them & like it!

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #13
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Yea you're right Dom. Pinin is like old school rock & roll and Bertone with Lambo is like Techno-rock, well that's the way it seems to me. Bertone was always more bold in their body shapes for sure!

My two most coveted Pinin bodied cars are the 330 4 cam & the Daytona 365GTB......although if some one gave me a 248 GTS I wouldn't turn it down. Ah, who am I kidding? I'd take any of them & like it!

The 288GTO would be my top pick, the Dino, then 328 series. Of the newer Ferraris, the 430 and the latest 458? The Lambo's have more of the
Terminator origami look to them. I remember looking out the ground floor window of my office once and seeing the black rear wing of Walter Peyton's Countach go by. It looked like the scene of "Jaws" as the Great White approached with just its fin sticking out of the water. DUM DUM DUM DUMDUMDUMDUM.
Old 03-04-2011   #14
USAFPILOT

For me its the 288GTO, F40, and 512TR...the newer Ferrari doesn't do much for me. I guess I sorta like the new 458 Italia. I think the only Ferrari I could afford to keep and maintain would be the 328 though. I just dont think it has enough power to keep me entertained, I'd have to drive one. I know I could buy a 512TR, but the maintenance is killer. I think every 3years the engine has to come out for the timing belt change at major cost, unless you are capable of the work.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #15
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
For me its the 288GTO, F40, and 512TR...the newer Ferrari doesn't do much for me. I guess I sorta like the new 458 Italia. I think the only Ferrari I could afford to keep and maintain would be the 328 though. I just dont think it has enough power to keep me entertained, I'd have to drive one. I know I could buy a 512TR, but the maintenance is killer. I think every 3years the engine has to come out for the timing belt change at major cost, unless you are capable of the work.
OF COURSE, the F40! Duh.