ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-10-2006   #1
Ed Hoffman

Default Owners packet items for 93 ZR-1

While preparing my ZR for NCRS judging I found a reference to a tire pressure guage, for all C4's with low tire sensor equiptment. this item was included in the owners packet. My 40th Ruby has an zippered case, owners manual, penlight, note pad, pen, and small cardboard inserts, identifying business cards for dealer, service reps, and the GM Protection card. It also came with a ZR-1 Video tape, in a ruby colored box. There was also a ZR-1 key FOB, for the extraxtion, or attachemnt, of the valet key on a key ring. But no tire pressure guage. Is this an urban legend or the real thing. If anyone knows please let me know what it looks like. There are after market, chrome, with CORVETTE printed on the side. I don't know if this is the real thing or not.
Ed Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #2
40th#381

Default Re: Owners packet items for 93 ZR-1

Ed: The tire guage is a part of the Zippered packet. It's Black with Corvette printed on it. Came with my 93 40th.

Jan
40th#381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #3
Ed Hoffman

Jan,
Thank you for the info. I will go back to the original owner and see if he can find it in his tool box.

Ed
93 40th #384
Old 07-10-2006   #4
TommyL

Yes mine came in the console...there is a spot there for it to sit in. The aftermarket pressure guages are not the same and will not fit into the space in the console.
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #5
Ed Hoffman

Tommy,
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what color it is, and was the CORVETTE lettering in white or red. I am going hunting for one if I can properly identify the item. The pen light, and the pen, are both black in color and the lettering on them is in white.
Old 07-11-2006   #6
TommyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hoffman
Tommy,
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what color it is, and was the CORVETTE lettering in white or red. I am going hunting for one if I can properly identify the item. The pen light, and the pen, are both black in color and the lettering on them is in white.
Ed, The gauge is chrome with a cheap clear decal with black "CORVETTE" on it. The gauge itself is the same as the ones Mid America sells except fot the end that fits over the tire valve...the original one is "pointed" not "round" which allows it to fit into the console.

If you send me an e-mail kito@sympatico I will take a pic of the original one and send it to you.
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #7
93RubyZ

Here is the one that came in my car:

As mentioned, the Corvette logo is merely a cheap plastic decal.
93RubyZ is offline   Reply With Quote