ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-04-2006   #1
Hammer

Thumbs down Beware - '90 F/S on Ebay

Beware - This '90 Z just came up on Ebay and the seller says he has owned it for the past year. Not so, I had actually committed to buying it just this April, and this guy bought it out from under me for more money. I gave the seller what he asked for it, $19,000 and he never even gave me a chance to up my price. Anyway, there may be something wrong with it since this guy is selling it so quickly after buying it. Just Beware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: Beware - '90 F/S on Ebay

Sorry to hear that you were swindled out of being able to buy it.

The guy might very well have bought it at 19k+ thinking he could resell it for a profit. But your buyer beware notice might help if there is something shady about it.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #3
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor
Sorry to hear that you were swindled out of being able to buy it.

The guy might very well have bought it at 19k+ thinking he could resell it for a profit. But your buyer beware notice might help if there is something shady about it.

Thanks. I was pretty bummed at first, but I do believe there is a reason for everything. I just didn't want someone to buy it if it has been doctored up for a quick sale. I know I first saw it on Ebay and when it didn't sell I made contact with the seller, made the deal, then BAM, all of a sudden it was sold to a co-worker (who this guy must be) who must have known it was for sale for awhille. This new owner also just registered on Ebay, June 30th, and has 0 feedbacks. I was to have flown to Seattle and picked the car up on April 15th, so that's how long this guy has had it (2 1/2 months) even though his Ebay auction says he has owned it for the past year. For $24,500 you can buy a clean one owner ZR-1 with all documentation, this one has none. Be sure to have someone check it out if anyone wants to buy it.
To make a long story short, LET THE BUYER BEWARE.
Old 07-04-2006   #4
Z Factor

Smile Re: Beware - '90 F/S on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Thanks. I was pretty bummed at first, but I do believe there is a reason for everything.
I think you hit the nail on the head. My experience was similar when I was looking to buy a ZR-1. It seemed like a great deal, along with an attractive price, yet someone swindled it away from me. At first I was upset, but I continued my search and came upon the one I own now. It is a much better ZR-1 from top to bottom with fewer miles, but had I bought the other one, I never would have been looking when this one came up for sale. Hopefully your experience will turn out just as well as mine did.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #5
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Beware - This '90 Z just came up on Ebay and the seller says he has owned it for the past year. Not so, I had actually committed to buying it just this April, and this guy bought it out from under me for more money. I gave the seller what he asked for it, $19,000 and he never even gave me a chance to up my price. Anyway, there may be something wrong with it since this guy is selling it so quickly after buying it. Just Beware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
I just noticed he has the same license plate on it as the last time it was on Ebay. I don't know if they make you get a new plate in Washington. This may be the same guy I was dealing with and he just didn't want to let it go for that price.
Old 07-08-2006   #6
Jeffvette

You do not have to get a new plate in Washington. As long as all the paperwork is done. For what it's worth, it is a nice car and taken care of.

Last edited by Jeffvette; 07-08-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2006   #7
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
You do not have to get a new plate in Washington. As long as all the paperwork is done. For what it's worth, it is a nice car and taken care of.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just that there might be. I based that on the fact that it was bought out from under me 2 1/2 months ago and is now on Ebay with the guy saying he has owned it for the past year. Just trying to warn anybody interested in the car to beware and check it out good. You obviusly have seen the car to post a comment like yours. I hope he gets what he wants, but I doubt it. No bids yet.
Thanks for the reply.
John