ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-14-2010   #1
Z51JEFF

Default A question about paid membership.

Id like to rejoin the Registry but in the past I had nothing but problems logging in,for the at least 4 months I couldn't login and finally gave up.Sent emails,some would be answered but most we ignored.Come to find out the password had been changed,nobody notified me then there were 2 passwords that were needed to login.Have these issues been addressed?I send an email for a paid site I would at least expect a response of some kind.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #2
Aurora40

Default Re: A question about paid membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Id like to rejoin the Registry but in the past I had nothing but problems logging in,for the at least 4 months I couldn't login and finally gave up.Sent emails,some would be answered but most we ignored.Come to find out the password had been changed,nobody notified me then there were 2 passwords that were needed to login.Have these issues been addressed?I send an email for a paid site I would at least expect a response of some kind.
What exactly do you mean?

There is a single login/password (not individual) to access this site:
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/member/memberhome.htm

It does change every year, so that people who were members but didn't renew can't continue to access it.

The actual registry database of owners is on a different site:
http://www.corvetteaddiction.com/ZR1/zr1netregistry.htm

It should have the same username/password, but sometimes early in the year it isn't updated promptly after the change. And it is not "seamless" login, which is to say if you enter the Registry members section, log-in, then click on the actual Registry database site, you will have to log in again.

Those sorts of things have not been resolved. There are no doubt some technical challenges and probably some hosting/cost challenges that contribute to that. The registry isn't perfect, and often times you need to email someone if you have a problem. I am surprised to hear that you did that and got no help, though. I would like to think that that's not the norm.

I will point out, board members are elected for a 2-year period, and elections are going on now. So if you want to join, and there are issues that concern you, re-up quick and get your vote in for people who share your vision for how the registry should work.

I'd also just toss out, if you are having trouble and not being heard, try yelling louder. I know it would be better if you didn't have to, but try posting your problem to the listserv or the forum. I'd certainly help where I could to make sure you get the info and value you are paying for, and I know plenty of other folks would too.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #3
A26B

I forwarded your post to Mom & George Jones/Membership Director.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #4
Z51JEFF

[QUOTE=Aurora40;101602]What exactly do you mean?
When somebody finely did get back to me I was told the problem was because there were 2 passwords.Bull$hit excuse maybe but Ill give it another try and if I run into the same problems Ill pass next time around.
Old 11-14-2010   #5
Aurora40

Quote:
When somebody finely did get back to me I was told the problem was because there were 2 passwords.Bull$hit excuse maybe but Ill give it another try and if I run into the same problems Ill pass next time around.
I meant more like what specifically were you trying to access.

There was a point two years ago when I think there really were two passwords. This was because someone forwarded the login/password and election url to the ZR1Net (non-member) listserv, so they had to change it.

That also is not the norm.

Glad to hear you'll give it another go, though. Just FYI, elections close the end of Nov. And I believe a membership is for the calendar year, not a year from when you join. So you'd have to renew in Jan just like the rest of us (if you chose to renew now).
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #6
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

[QUOTE=Z51JEFF;101606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
What exactly do you mean?
Jeff,

sent you a PM.

David

Last edited by ZZZZZR1; 11-14-2010 at 06:33 PM.
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #7
Z51JEFF

[QUOTE=ZZZZZR1;101611]
Quote:

Jeff,

sent you a PM.

David
Got your P.M.I was a member for one year,back around the time Aurora stated the problems arose.