ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northwest Region

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010   #16
bobbyhi

Default Re: NW area status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Wow! I assume most of you have met the people you are talking about? If not, maybe that's the problem. None of the guys I've met have ever struck me as anything other than car guys who enjoy ZR-1's. I've never noticed any arrogance or egotism. And I read Jerry's response. Nothing in that strikes me as anything more than an honest (and appreciated) explanation of his point of view.

The registry has something like 600 members at about $50 per (not counting any merchandising sales, etc). That's ~$30k a year. I for one am glad there is some basic process in place for disbursing that amount of money.

And I can see what Jerry was saying about tarnishing the club's reputation. Now I'm reading how it's some petty payback for Jeff (oddly you all seem more outraged by the club following their rules than you were by financial misappropriation). And how the club laws are some secret that are engraved on a gold ring, only visible with fire (here's a clue, they are right on the registry website: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/member/memberbylaws.htm). There's more drama than daytime TV!

How many people went to this event? It was $875/how many people? The Registry has made their decision to play by the rules they set out. If it's going to cause such bad blood for the NW folks, I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks to help out, I'm sure others would be as well.

How much do you need??? I'm willing to chip in also.............Anything to get this resolved.
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote