ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northwest Region

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2010   #9
Nick

Default Re: NW area status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
The truth of matter is was for the most part it was a private event.

For the "most" part? But not entirely? Or entirely? Which is it? Claiming it was a private event is ONE form of the truth, but not the whole truth. It was not a private event.

Quote:
To begin with there was a lot of confusion about having the club support it this year. We had every intent in doing so. However we have a collection of emails over the last few months where the person running it went back and forth and other emails saying the event was on and then off again.

And we relied on your intent to support the event, and the written assurance from Ron Kreigh that it would be supported. And now, we get screwed because of the confusion. If it wasn't known, then how did you know about it? Was it "on" and "off" due to certain Registry personnel who never did what they were asked, or supposed to do? We also have a ?collection? of e-mails indicating the event was approved and would be funded. And, after the event, I got an e-mail from David Johnson asking me for the bill, presumably so it could get paid. Why would I be asked for the bill if it was not going to be paid?

Quote:
Also noted was the event was never broadcasted over any media.

E-mails were sent. Ron Kreigh and others knew of the event well in advance. How come it was never published?

Quote:
For example why wasn't the event ever mention here?

Maybe because somebody at the Registry did not publish it? We have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

Quote:
Nothing was sent on the ZR-1 Net list nor the ZR-1 Net Registry list?
Quote:
Also we have a newsletter and nothing was posted there as well.

Whose fault is that? Again, we have no control over that aspect of the Registry function.

Quote:
So it's tough to have an event if no one knew about it.

No kidding! But we DID have the event, and it was well attended by dues paying Registry members. And, people knew about the event. And, we were asked to submit the expenses for the event after it was held. And we were told ?absolutely we will fund the event? well in advance.

Quote:
Hopefully next year we'll have better communications and we plan on having a more formal mechanism to qualify an event.

Without the support this year for the event, why on Earth would anyone imagine it would be supported next year? Why would anyone want step up in the future and take on the planning and execution of the event?

I assume funding for the ZR-1 Net Registry Northwest event this year has been denied. Was anyone planning to actually notify me of this? I have not heard one word from anyone. Wasn't the vote taken some four days ago? Am I not owed the courtesy of an e-mail, at the very least?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...

Last edited by Nick; 09-01-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote