ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2010   #1
vandornjim

Default The Boxes Arrive in Afghanistan!

Once again gang, thank you very much. All of you....well almost...

Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:43 AM
To: Jim Van Dorn
Subject: Boxes

Well Jim we received 17 boxes today, what a surprise!!!! Usually it takes longer but you caught the mail guy just in time it looks like. I was in a meeting and the guys came running over and said, "SFC E, you got a crap load of boxes, must be from the CORVETTE guy".....i laughed out loud. It was like watching little kids on Christmas day opening gifts.

Well I must say you put a lot of work into packing them up and you used all space available. Great packing job!!! I can not tell you enough how much we appreciate the snacks, packages and effort you put into shopping, and mailing this to us. I know how much work it is to do all of that and I appreciate it.

I want to thank all the people that helped out with this in order to make our day's a little better with some good ol' USA food!! From everyone who helped clean, cook, clean up at the BBQ, to the ZR-1 family who drove to BG for the event and bought stuff at the auction that helped to buy us all these goodies, and to you Jim who purchased these items and then mailed them to us. The guys really loved all the stuff and were digging in as soon as they could.

It is hard for me to describe how much this all means to us, basically strangers spent there hard earn money to support us over here, and it is hard to describe what we are feeling, the only thing we can say is, THANK YOU!!!!

SFC Eric Egelstad
Platoon Sergeant
D co 3-187 IN
101st Airborne (Air Assault)
Rakkasans
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote