ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009   #1
QB93Z

Default New Pioneer Nav/Stereo System Installed

For my Yellow, 1994 ZR-1, I chose a Pioneer AVIC Z110 Navigation/Stereo system, This is the new updated model that Pioneer released this summer. It has a 7 inch touch screen display, and a sophisticated voice recognition function.

It is a double DIN system so it is an exact fit for the factory Bose head unit. It has built in Navigation, iPod support, Blue Tooth, USB connection, SD Memory card connection, and plays CD's and DVD's and video from USB. I added an XM tuner.

This unit does not have a Music Library saved to a hard drive the way the AVIC Z3 has.

The computer address search is very fast. The Points of Interest database appears to be very complete, and there is a provision to add custom POI databases using the SD memory card.

The IPod interface is better that the Z3 unit and a USB drive that you set up with music arranged in folders is easily navigated with the USB interface.

The Home Menu display is customizable so you can choose the icons you want on the Home Screen, a neat feature.

The cell phone/blue tooth connection works well. When I start the car, the unit automatically syncs to my cell phone in about 30 seconds and all contact info is available on the screen. The voice recognition can be used to dial calls for truly hands free operation.

I am very pleased with the Pioneer unit.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote