ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008   #13
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Secondary relay module questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8upZR1
I guess I can bring myself to understand your point, however, when I think of the LT5 ECM the only thing in my brain is this:
The LT5 came out in 90, ergo the ECM was engineered in probably '84 maybe '85. In 84/85 I was playing Comodor 64, or 8 bit Nintendo. Now its 2008 and I have out grown a comodor 64, and 8 bit Nintendo, and LT5 ECM.

I remember reading somewhere in the registry on a tech page that the early ECM can only resolve RPMs in 250 rpm increments. Like 0-250-500-750-1000. The newer LT5's supposedly read 20 RPM increments. Thats quite an improvement over 250, but is complete shite compared to the resolution of a F.A.S.T. ACCEL, BIG STUFF, MOTEC, etc. The engineers at GM really aren't to blame as they were working with shite to begin with. Even if its original, you cannot possibly argue that LT5 ECM holds a candle to modern EFI controls with modern microprocessors. Why defile your LT5 engine with the original ECM? It barely works, it breaks all the time, parts are impossible to find, it needs all sorts of $$$ ancillary equipment (IGN module), and is totally outdated. Take your LT5 ECM and put it in the box next to your Nintendo. Maybe in 30 years you can whip em out and let the greatgrandchildren learn about how hard we had it in our youth.

If you EBAY your ECM, PROM, IGN module, spare IGN module #1, spare IGN module #2, plug wires, coils, mount, wiring harness, secondary relays, etc. you will have plenty of cash for a F.A.S.T. + money left over to buy drugs. It makes sense to me at least.
While I agree, the one of things keeping me from switching to a F.A.S.T.

Getting it to work with and Satisfy the CCM from complaining when it loses communication with the ECM.

Also which F.A.S.T system would run 16 injectors?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote