ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2024   #31
DMZR-1

Default Re: ZR1 Detectives

Hey @mlipmd, thanks for the info. I actually reported them to the Federal Trade Commission, but I didn't think to go to the FBI. I will do that. The web site was convincing at first blush. I'm in the technology business, so I traced the domain registration for the selling site and the supposed shipping company back to the same registrant in Finland, of all places. The sites were well done, without the usual painfully obvious mistakes. The immediate red flag was that the Lingenfelter ZR-1 that was interesting was about 50% of market value. I made a query at which point I was directed to the bogus shipping company. Then I looked at other ads from other sellers on the site and all of them were fantastic cars at improbable prices. All of the sellers were surely fictitious and all of the ads were copied/pasted off legit auction sites that had closed their auctions.

Beware out there! I ended up buying my fabulous ZR-1 from a legit dealer in California and had it shipped to GA with a real transport company.
DMZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote