ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2023   #9
fastpace

Default Re: 90 ZR1 Randomly Dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlipmd View Post
Another suggestion - You didn't run out of gas did you?
Happened to me once when the gauge read about 1/8-1/4 full and the car died at a stop sign but started right up again and I drove home for about 5 miles with no problem. I was looking at the gauge but it turned out the tank was empty, and after filling it up with gas it never happened again. Added a bottle of Techron a couple of times with fill-ups to clean off the gauge and it seems more accurate now. Or you can remove the pump and clean off the gauge yourself. Being aware of your trip mileage in between fill-ups is another way to avoid this. May not be your problem, but just another thought.
Another good and unique suggestion. I had just below half a tank because I remember thinking I was about to be 15 mins early for where I was going and thinking I might just stop to top off to waste time. My gauge is quite accurate and I installed a new sending unit with the pump replacement.

I'll be back home and have some time to play with it this weekend so will have the chance to test the relay and will also hook up a few pressure gauge while it idles.
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote