ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2021   #1
jimmil

Default Forgive my noobness.. for I haven't been on here for years.

I've been gone for years. I was actually one of the first seven members of the ZR-1 mailing list back in the 1990s that Dave first built it when he worked at Sun. I mention this to remind you I am old and forget things.

So, I am rebuilding an engine and want advice as far as paint for the engine is concerned. I know LPE and Jerry no longer have the close replacement paint as they (the shippers) won't ship it anymore. So, what I am looking for is a fairly nice gloss silver paint. I don't want a chrome look (I've already done the polished engine thing in 1995). I think what would look nice is a silver body color paint. I've done powder coat and think paint would be easier to work with as it doesn't chip as easily. I don't want t use the current body color as it is Polo Green and just too dark for the engine bay (yes I've done black already).

Any suggestions/experiences/etc will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any extra modified cams laying around? I had some with a 12 mil lift but that was just too much. I've got a few stock sets laying around but haven't any modified. I don't have to have some but a little extra is always nice.

I am sorry to say to the old timers I've gone over to the dark side and bought a 2021 Elkhart Lake bue convertable. It's not bad... just doesn't have multiple cams.

Finally, is Bill Boudreau (sp??)still in business? I want to talk to him.
jimmil is offline   Reply With Quote