ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2021   #1
Atari_Prime

Default Got the Right Parts?

I am in the process of getting my ZR-1 out of a 20 year hibernation where it largely served as a 3,500 lb. paperweight and garage ornament.

As part of that process I want to 'refresh' the various systems that may need some help. Based on symptoms that I have posted about in a few other forum locations, below is a parts list that I am planning to order. These will be installed by me and my mechanic (mostly my mechanic) and I want to make sure I get everything I need and the right parts so that we can get her roadworthy as soon as possible. Probably not going to buy some of these until needed, but want to make sure I have the right part numbers.

1994 Corvette ZR-1

Brakes (odd sticking issue when warm)

- Brake Lines (can't seem to find correct part yet). Plan is to replace the original brake lines with new ones.
- Brake Fluid - 1 qt. (Valvoline VCL 601458)

Engine (power and sometimes all throttle response disappearing in valet and full power modes)

- Serpentine Belt (old one is dried out and cracking)(Goodyear 4060805)
- Fuel Filter (GM GF652)
- Fuel Pumps x2 (Bosch 69225 or Delphi FE0114)
- Plenum Gasket (Jerry's Gaskets #10168684)
- Injectors (FIC 17109952)

How does this list look?

Are there other parts that should replace while working on some of these? Maybe vaacum sensor, a hose or two, brake pads, spark plugs?
Hoping that the above items make my car purr like a kitten?well until I get around to the stereo amps and headlight motors, and tires (only about 6 years old but still needed).

Last edited by Atari_Prime; 08-11-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote