ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2021   #1
Erik

Default Is There A Travelling ZR-1 Mechanic/Guru?

Seeing as how the world is starting to open up a bit, and Marc Haibeck is still far away from me up here in Canada, I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of a travelling Zr-1 mechanic. I'd almost bought a early 2000's Aston Martin Vanquish last year, and had arranged with a Scottish mechanic to fly to Canada to give it a good going over and setting right. Qualified Aston mechanics were rare up here, and qualified Vanquish ones even more so. He apparently travelled around Europe and North America, fixing Astons, aside from the work he did at his own garage. He was also surprisingly reasonable in pricing. Travel costs, plus a very reasonable hourly rate.

Anyhow, I have found a very competent mechanic up here who works on all types of exotics, but, he doesn't have a ton on ZR-1 experience. I'd love to get someone who know them well to give it a good going over also. Yes, Ideally I would take it to Marc or Graham, but they are a heck of a distance away with Shipping being be a few thousand either way.

Just wondering if anyone had heard of such a service for the ZR-1.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy

Last edited by Erik; 08-08-2021 at 10:14 PM.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote