ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021   #1
sleazy rider

Default jerry's gaskets

in april i ordered a set of stainless works headers thru the zr-1 net registry and at the time manufacturing said it would take 8-11 weeks to manufacture. so i was made aware of this time and ordered them planning what i could do to the car during this time. i also had stainless works drop ship the headers to jet hot to get coated, i have been using debbie to get my exhaust systems for about 30 years now. about 2 weeks later she sent me an e-mail wanting me to confirm my choice of coating but i did not do that for another 2 weeks, it was going to be another 1-2 months before she would see the headers. so when i called her she said that the headers were there in manufacturing and after she sent me a picture of the headers on the cart i knew they were mine. stainless works must have had a set on the shelf ready to go. the headers showed up last wednesday but i did not get home till kind of late and opened the box to inspect everything. there were no header gaskets. i googled zr-1 header gaskets and zip and a few other corvette specialty houses had them so i ordered them from zip and went to bed. next afternoon i had a 'doh' moment, or commonly called a 'senior moment' and thought of jerrys gaskets. sure enough, he had them, and they were $5.00 cheaper than zip, and closer. so the box with the gaskets showed up yesterday and when i opened it up, right there on the plastic containing the gaskets was a sticker with 'jerrys gaskets' on it.
on a side note, i ordered a seal from jerrys on monday afternoon and it showed up today. i learned my lesson, go to jerrys first.
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote