ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2021   #18
Matt B

Default Re: Best regards from the Autobahn :)

So... The re-work progresses... I already spent a substantial amount of time on my new ZR. I cleaned all brake calipers, suspensions links, etc. from what the age brought, put fresh clutch fluid to the reservoir, replaced plugs, brake fluid and drive belt/pulley, had control head and CDM fixed, cleaned and re-finished the seats, replaced the sealed beams by legal H4 inserts, installed a new hatch weather strip, hood support and rear fog lamp. Also I bought new Michelin tires and a speedometer calibrator.
Loads of work to do to a very scruffy car. Currently I'm trying to remove the exhaust to give it a fresh paint job. Issue is that my Z came from NJ and was exposed to salty sea air it's whole live...
Just last night I found out that the rear right Bose amp is no Corvette amp, both left hand side amps don't work. So now I will buy new rear amps for Dr Don and have the front ones fixed.
In 2 1/2 weeks I will have her examined by TUV, our local authority to make a car road legal. Still a way to go, fingers crossed I'll be successful.
Anyway, she's an amazing car and I'm confident we'll be great friends once everything is up to date.

Next steps will be: replace transmission fluid, refresh steering fluid, replace cam sensor by one made by Phil, change coolant, fix audio, run her!!!!

I'll keep you posted!
ZR-1 #638/1991
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote