ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2020   #11
Erik

Default Re: Finally got the grandkids out for short rides--get them involved early!

I wanted to like the Camaro more. It certainly has the better chassis. Man, does that thing ever handle great.

But it's just so compromised. It may as well be a two seater, the trunk is miniscule. Plus, 6'4 of me suffered with no outward visibility. Drop, the sun visor, and I couldn't see anything ahead of me. And then the final straw was styling. I thought it was dumb to make the 2016 look so much like the preceding model. But then they totally screwed it up with the horrendous 2019 nose. What has happened to GM styling???

The Ford folks did it right. They hit the sweet spot of usability. Two full size suitcases, and two travel bags, plus other miscellanea in the trunk. The Coyote doesn't have the torque of the LS, but man does it love to rev. Being the Bullitt, it makes power all the way to its 7400 rpm redline. Plus there is tons of headroom and legroom. With the seat all the way back, I can't fully operate the pedals. Luxury! Then add in the Bullitt package and I was sold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FBD91E19-D92D-4773-8906-9855BD329913.jpeg (93.4 KB, 12 views)
Erik is online now   Reply With Quote